Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Relocation Project Done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rick
Finally finished the battery cover and installed it. It is made of diamond plate aluminum. The set up has 2 6v Optima batteries, a 175amp mega fuse, cut off switch and a battery tender quick connect cord. The top fits over the box perfectly.
Rick
914rick
and,
campbellcj
Nice fab job

I am guessing you have a monster stereo to need all that juice ?!?!?
914rick
Chris, no, it is just two 6v batteries so that I could lay them on thier side in order to have clearance for the targa top. The 175amp fuse is just an extra safty precaution.
Rick
campbellcj
Oh, I see (maybe) -- looks like the 6V version is basically "half" of a regular 12V Optima.

I was scratching my head wondering why you would need two "fullsize" batteries in a 914 (w/o having a mondo multi-amp stereo.)
jporsche914
Thats sick!! Nice job aktion035.gif I like that diamond plate box.
EdwardBlume
Nice job. Not needed tho. I have a full size Ultima battery upright in my rear trunk and the Targa fits.

Yours looks much nicer though.

I see you are from Detroit. Go Sharks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joseph Mills
Maybe unnecessary, but cool. Especially the cover. You now have perfect balance. My old 69' 911E had two batteries, one behind each headlamp. Perfect balance. I guess. Could you make a cover like that for me? laugh.gif
mightyohm
When I first looked at that pic I thought oh my god, he cut an optima in half. biggrin.gif
jridder
>You now have perfect balance.

With either 0 or 2 people in the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.