Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now offering private and small group lessons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
In an attempt to keep people on the road, cash flow into my projects, and to utilize my time best, I have decided to offer private 1 or 2 day lessons on rebuilding your gear box. I can put people up in my spare room to save on hotel costs. The class would result in a rebuilt box that you can take home. Is there any interest in this???

$300 is what it would cost and you provide pizza wink.gif
tradisrad
But, I got the video....
Black22
What if internal parts are needed? Do you have spares that could be purchased?

Sounds like a good deal to me although I'd need to talk to you more about my trans before signing up and taking time off work.

Plus I'm not sure what TSA would say about a 901 in my luggage! I might have to drain the fluid out so I don't exceed the 3oz. limit.

Maybe you should rent yourself out and stay at our houses!?!
Dr Evil
I had been doing clinics at peoples houses, but that requires a lot of time on my part that I dont have this year. Next year should bee different and I am working on another Cali trip perhaps, maybe more. The CA trip would be to the Stockton area most likely as I have a lot of interest coming from that area. As for spare parts, yes, I have them.

You can also do what Rob did and buy my video wink.gif (shameless plug).

Where I live is like a 914 desert. It would be nice to attract some 914 folks here to visit sad2.gif
PeeGreen 914
Oh no WAY man. I fell for this once and the lady left with everything blink.gif

Oh wait, this is for transmissions. Nevermind.

In all reality, I'm glad to see you still doing these Mike. I know you don't have a ton of time and it cool to see you still being available to the community.
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 20 2010, 12:14 PM) *

Oh no WAY man. I fell for this once and the lady left with everything blink.gif

Oh wait, this is for transmissions. Nevermind.

av-943.gif

Ya gotta check for the Adam's Apple.....or so I've heard. blink.gif
flipb
Me, my wife, and two kids (ages 4 and <2) are on our way! The kids won't do too much damage, but you may want to put glass items on a high shelf.

J/K - truth is, after new shift bushings, my tranny is shifting well enough to live with, albeit not perfect. Maybe someday...

Rebuilding a 914 transmission: So easy a 4-year-old can do it?
Click to view attachment
DblDog
I am up for the Stockon meet or anywhere else in Northern Cal...I have a lot of extra parts and gear sets...even a case or two. Is it too early for dates...does anyone have an extra?
Andyrew
Stockton? Really?? Im not sure I need the clinique, as Im going to stray away from the 901 (and budget is limited for a while).. But Im down for a party!! Who's place are you going to be hosting it at or have you not figured that out?

jim_hoyland
Great contribution to the 914 community ! Many 914's will owe their continued existance to programs like yours.
By the way, how's the medical practice coming ??
Gudhjem
I'd be in for a Stockton meet (or anything closer to the Bay
Area).

--Steve
Dr Evil
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 20 2010, 05:11 PM) *

Great contribution to the 914 community ! Many 914's will owe their continued existance to programs like yours.

Not making enough money to have fun with and have a wife in college. dry.gif Other than that, it is pretty cool. Last night I was on and with in 24hrs I managed to pronounce someone dead, deliver a baby, counsel an encephalopathic patient to calm him down, responded to emergent calls in various rooms, etc. I am not board, which is what I was going for smile.gif
Jeffs9146
I'm in if it is in Stockton! jsharp.gif
draganc
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 19 2010, 08:36 PM) *

In an attempt to keep people on the road, cash flow into my projects, and to utilize my time best, I have decided to offer private 1 or 2 day lessons on rebuilding your gear box. I can put people up in my spare room to save on hotel costs. The class would result in a rebuilt box that you can take home. Is there any interest in this???

$300 is what it would cost and you provide pizza wink.gif

hi doc,
where and when would you consider such a work shop?
dragan

ps: me 3 year old son saw your dvd and asked if you are a "bad" guy? LMAO!
RJMII
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Dec 19 2010, 09:40 PM) *

But, I got the video....

The video is NOTHING compared to hanging out with Mike for a couple of days and rebuilding a gearbox. smile.gif

My name is Jim, and I endorse this service; it is well worth the $300. (and Pizza) chowtime.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 20 2010, 03:19 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 20 2010, 05:11 PM) *

Not making enough money to have fun with and have a wife in college. dry.gif Other than that, it is pretty cool. Last night I was on and with in 24hrs I managed to pronounce someone dead, deliver a baby, counsel an encephalopathic patient to calm him down, responded to emergent calls in various rooms, etc. I am not board, which is what I was going for smile.gif

poke.gif poke.gif WITHIN and BORED av-943.gif

Bring life....... take life.......... it all balances out. Just don't bring in more than you ship out mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.