Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet vs L-Jet vs Megasquirt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
broomhandle
I am running a tired 1.7 with D-Jet. my D-Jet is so hacked up, I was thinking to make things a little more simple to run a L-Jet setup off a vanagon or something like that. is there any pro's to a L-Jet. i have heard it is easier to deal with. L-Jet has a Lambada sensor which D-Jet has not, correct?

is there more power with a L vrs D Jet?

or just go with a newer tech MegaSquirt?

if i went with a megasquirt could i use L-Jet injectors since there are more parts out there.

or last option is to just leave D-Jet be....

more power is always welcome for a very underpower 1.7 smile.gif
SLITS
No more power unless it comes from a properly tuned engine if your engine is not.

L-jet did not use Lambada on the 1.8L engine. Maybe later cars ... have not investigated that.

L-jet is supposed to be "better" as it is air flow controlled. D-Jet works just fine if all the parts are functional.

Wanna spend money ... buy an engine management system .. Electromotive Tec3 or ??

You still won't get anymore power though.
tradisrad
fix up d-jet. it's not too hard to do and the 1.7 stuff is abundant.
broomhandle
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Dec 20 2010, 05:35 PM) *

thats what i was thinking, but wanted some other thoughts. onto soldering the harness, and somehow fixing the d-jet connectors.

smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Dec 20 2010, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Dec 20 2010, 05:35 PM) *

thats what i was thinking, but wanted some other thoughts. onto soldering the harness, and somehow fixing the d-jet connectors.

smile.gif

I'll take a look and see if I have any good 1.7L D-Jet harnesses in my stock.
Bleyseng
If you have the djet parts to fix it are around...good system if you have the parts.
Ljet with a O2 sensor came on the 79 calif Buses and 80-82 vanagons. Interesting setup if you have the parts.
Lots more Ljet standard setups on the 76-79 Federal buses which are very similar to the 914 setup except for the aircleaner pieces.
914Sixer
Don't mess with the old wiring harness UNLESS you know it to be good. Bite the bullet and get a new ones from Jeff Bowlsby. Get the ECU and relay board harness. It is VERY important that you know both of these are good.
tradisrad
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 21 2010, 05:48 AM) *

Don't mess with the old wiring harness UNLESS you know it to be good. Bite the bullet and get a new ones from Jeff Bowlsby. Get the ECU and relay board harness. It is VERY important that you know both of these are good.

The problem with buying one of Jeff's harnes' is the cost of it will be more than the d-jet is worth.

I've got a spare 1.7 d-jet system, but I bet the harness is crunchy. I'll check it out and if it's decent I'll let you know. Have you seen this d-jet trouble shooting guide?
-Rob
broomhandle
the problem with my d-jet is that where it plugs into the injectors. the wires are breaking. one has already broke. and i guess i can pull out the metal out of the plastic and solider it back into the tab, and press it back.

its like that on all my connections. also, one of them is so loose i have to keep checking it not to fall out.

thats why i like the L-Jet with the clip.

i will not buy a brand new harness. if i do that, i will go with a more modern FI.
tradisrad
high performance house has the proper connectors. 650-634-6234 I had to fix a few of mine.
underthetire
Long time debate on here. I went megasquirt. It was cheaper in the long run for me. yes you can use any stock injector on the V3 boards, you would need resistor packs for Djet injectors on earlier versions. I like to be able to plug a laptop in and diagnose problems, and parts are a lot cheaper. The problem with megasquirt is you'd better be willing to learn all about FI, cause they are not plug and play. My total to do the megasquirt install was about 250-300 total. Your results will vary, since my friend works for Cheby, I was able to get free air temp sensor, O2 sensor, TPS sensor, and free weatherpack connectors for them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.