Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 gets shot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phillstek
Finally, after 22 years of ownership the car went into the spray booth today.

Some shots taken between coats.

Another couple of topcoats tomorrow, some clear over base and then the re-assembly begins.

I couldn't stop staring at it...it was like staring through the maternity ward glass at the new baby.

G e o r g e
piratenanner.gif w00t.gif
messix
nice color!
Lou W
Looks Great, Yellow Cars are Faster smile.gif
rfuerst911sc
Very nice. beer.gif I was in that same position about a year ago it is an exciting time. Good luck with the rest of the build.
bcheney
WOW that is fantastic! Yellow is a terrific color on a 914. Those flares look race ready! Keep up the great work and keep us posted on the build.
carr914
Definately exciting times - at least 3 Teeners undergoing the Paint makeover, yours, MDG's & mine

T.C.
hot_shoe914
Looking really nice, awesome color! piratenanner.gif
sean_v8_914
ooh la la!
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

AWESOME!
phillstek
Thanks for the positive comments.

Yeah I like the yellow ones the best too. It's a fun colour for a fun car. One of my daughters said "your not going to paint it yucky yellow are you?" (whinge, moan.. you know what teens are like)...and then after seeing it she's like "oh wow that's beautiful..can I drive it."

Can't wait to drive it myself.

Phil
KELTY360
I know the feeling, just had mine shot in Marathon Blue this Spring and I still can't stop staring at it.

I had one in Sunflower Yellow that I called the Neon Daffodil for all the bugs it attracted when I cleaned it. biggrin.gif

Looks fantastic.
MDG
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 21 2010, 08:08 AM) *

Definately exciting times - at least 3 Teeners undergoing the Paint makeover, yours, MDG's & mine

T.C.

smilie_pokal.gif

Yes indeed. I share your excitement. Love that colour! Congrats.
veltror
sunflower yellow or some non stock colour..
porsche_dreamer
Looks awesome!
phillstek
QUOTE(veltror @ Dec 22 2010, 07:05 AM) *

sunflower yellow or some non stock colour..

The factory colour was "hell gelb"(?) and for some reason, when using the paint code to get the colour it couldn't be mixed/found here. I'm not sure why but I had the same issue in 1990 when I gave it a hit in acrylic. So when it came time to choose this time around I picked a yellow that was close and went with that. I don't know the name of the new colour, although it is much more saturated than the original and borders on fluoro. The photos are a bit over exposed, so the colour is actually more intense when standing next to the car. It's hard to beleive it's gone from looking like junk to a million bucks. I am so happy I kept this car.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 21 2010, 07:08 AM) *

T.C.

Add one more to the list - my '72 after 1 year in paint shop - bare metal repaint to factory Willow Green - hope to get paint done by Spring so I can put it back together

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Put those two together and you'll have a Brazilian car that me wiffy would love to drive (and probably wreck)! w00t.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 24 2010, 12:58 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 21 2010, 07:08 AM) *

T.C.

Add one more to the list - my '72 after 1 year in paint shop - bare metal repaint to factory Willow Green -

Your cars are looking FANTASTIC! beerchug.gif

Obviously 'tis the season to paint. I have an Irish one getting ready for Eric's wife in case she needs a backup.

Click to view attachment
arkitect
I love that Irish green, looks great. Like to see it all together.

Dave
rwilner
I am contemplating a repaint sometime in the next year or two, just curious:
- did you do all the prep yourself?
- how long did it take you?

Your car looks fabulous, I am sure your daughter will be thrilled to be seen in it... although everyone knows Orange is the fastest!! biggrin.gif

Beach914
Merry Christmas evryone!

The colors of yours cars are all fantastic.

Do you guys think that Dephi Green will look good on a car with 916 nose/rear and flares?

Or should I consider a color change? I was thinking about Laguna Seca Blue (M3 Color)

Should I go with painted sail panels or the vinyl?

PanelBilly
My blue car started life as a yellow. It's such a happy color. When/where is the build party so I can help with assembly?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.