Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hershey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vortrex
went to hershey today, not sure if I was too late or too early, but where were the 914's?? I got there at 12:30pm and saw less than 10 914's, most of which were just in the parking lot. I did not see one 914-6. do people really travel from states away for this show? it seemed really small and not a whole lot to look at. I spent less than an hour there and felt disappointed driving the 1.5hrs. the weather was amazing today too, I can't imagine how it must have been last year in the rain.
3liter914-6
Did you see this?
IPB Image
I thought it was pretty sweet. NOS 914 seat that's been chilling in Stoddard's warehouse all these years.

The only /6 I saw was this race car
IPB Image

The guy didn't really want to talk about the car (to me at least), but I gleaned a few ideas for mounting the coils in my car.
vortrex
NOS seat with torn upholstery? I did not see that.

oh yes, I did see that six, but I don't consider that a 914.

how did you like the gemballa spaceship 911?
3liter914-6
QUOTE(vortrex @ Apr 24 2004, 11:40 PM)
NOS seat with torn upholstery? I did not see that.

oh yes, I did see that six, but I don't consider that a 914.

how did you like the gemballa spaceship 911?

Yeah, too bad about the rips, everything else about it was primo, still had the stickers and everything. Felt more leathery than I'd expected, I guess after a few years of use they take on the shiny leathery texture I'm used to.

The gemballa, well, it pretty much speaks for itself...
IPB Image
4WheelDrifter
Maybe next year one more 914 will be there. I just bought my 914 and don't quite trust it that far yet though I drove it over 400 miles in the 4 days I've had it so far. All locally though.

Maybe not next year if I do the resto this winter, I know it'll go well into summer or longer probably.

Ugly ass 911 BTW. barf.gif Some Guido from Long Island will but it though. lol2.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(vortrex @ Apr 24 2004, 07:06 PM)
went to hershey today

...where were the 914's??

and you didn't come say hello? the 'buzz' had definitely begun to fade by noonish -- but i sold all my stuff between 2 and 3... not many people & cars arrived really late, and there may have been some that left early, but if so, they did so quietly...

this is not a real 914 area, i gather, just means we need to band together and be more vocal and visible... there were many 911 parts, although i didn't buy any (i'da bought a rightside A-arm if i'd seen one...). lotsa stuff for new cars. a pretty nice selection of 356 stuff, and i agree - Stoddard's display was on the whole quite sad. i'd been considering travelling to the Stoddards swap meet, now i'm really not sure...

sold a couple of items. the JWest stuff i had out was VERY popular; i bet half the guys at the show fondled the RennShift...

[edit - nobody took the radio, i found it nestled in the seat bolster cusions...]

it was a great day, good time. met a bunch of people.

planning on doing it again next year, when hopefully i'll have some of my own stuff to show for sale ...
Mark Henry
QUOTE(3liter914-6 @ Apr 24 2004, 07:36 PM)
IPB Image

The guy didn't really want to talk about the car (to me at least), but I gleaned a few ideas for mounting the coils in my car.

Pretty sure he's running SDS EFI with dual coil packs for the twin plug.

Also he's using slide valve TB's cool.gif
3liter914-6
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 25 2004, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE(3liter914-6 @ Apr 24 2004, 07:36 PM)
IPB Image

The guy didn't really want to talk about the car (to me at least),  but I gleaned a few ideas for mounting the coils in my car.

Pretty sure he's running SDS EFI with dual coil packs for the twin plug.

Also he's using slide valve TB's cool.gif

Dammit. I would have worked him a little harder if I'd known he was running the SDS. Most people like to volunteer information about their setups, but I had to ask specifically about each detail to get any information, and just gave up. sad.gif Not sure where I'm going to end up mounting the coils. Having it in that valley there just looks a little more cluttered than I'd like. Where did you mount yours?
Gint
which brings me to the bummer of the day - i'd been inviting people interested in the RennShift - especially those with 901/914 applications, to hop into my 911 and check it out. one of them musta snagged my FRS/GMRS 2-way radio... damn.

Sheesh... sorry Rich.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(3liter914-6 @ Apr 25 2004, 07:34 AM)
Dammit. I would have worked him a little harder if I'd known he was running the SDS. Most people like to volunteer information about their setups, but I had to ask specifically about each detail to get any information, and just gave up. sad.gif Not sure where I'm going to end up mounting the coils. Having it in that valley there just looks a little more cluttered than I'd like. Where did you mount yours?

You can mount the coil packs almost anywhere, just keep it as far away as possible from the 'puter. Central is better because of the shorter wire runs.
SDS recommends not putting it on the engine because of vibration.

Mine is on an old L-jet air filter mount that I modified, a bit off centre, towards the relay board. BTW I have a /4.
3liter914-6
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 25 2004, 11:50 AM)

You can mount the coil packs almost anywhere, just keep it as far away as possible from the 'puter. Central is better because of the shorter wire runs.
SDS recommends not putting it on the engine because of vibration.

Mine is on an old L-jet air filter mount that I modified, a bit off centre, towards the relay board. BTW I have a /4.

Oh, I know, and you have 1 less set of packs to worry about too. I think I'm going to mount the ECU in the trunk, so shouldn't have too many problems with RFI from the wires. I was thinking one of the coilpacks could go where the BOSCH CDI box is right now, and then another on the opposite side near the relay board, or mount them on the firewall, or get a plate and mount them both off the battery tray (Not sure if there's room for this yet).
si2t3m
[quote=ArtechnikA,Apr 25 2004, 08:09 AM] [/QUOTE]
which brings me to the bummer of the day - i'd been inviting people interested in the RennShift - especially those with 901/914 applications, to hop into my 911 and check it out. one of them musta snagged my FRS/GMRS 2-way radio... damn.
[/quote]
Hi Rich,

It was great meeting you and sorry about my poor english!

I didn't take the radio but i sure did try to take the rennshifter out!! biggrin.gif

Marc-André
type47
i thought there were alot of 914s at hershey. after looking at the pix, there are many cars in the pix i never saw. i cruised mostly the swap meet and the peoples choice concours. i met brad mayeur! which i thought was pretty cool. nice guy. he just bought a trailer load of parts from gary wigglesworth who is retiring(?). i also thought there were alot of 914 parts. fred v (?) was selling, i bought a skid plate from him, thanks again, fred, for the nice price. only bummer is the fact that next years meet is the same day as my wifes birthday. hope she'll understand biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
i must post for completeness.

NO ONE TOOK MY FRS RADIO. i found it.

as you may know, Sparco seats have removable seat bolsters (nice feature - you can wash & dry them after a nice hot sweaty DE weekend ...) also gives you painless access to the sub-belt cutout.

anyway - it must have slipped into the crack between the bolsters and then slid down. i found it.

so i retract any generalised derogatory thoughts against human nature, and i urge any of you who might have been pissed off or disappointed on my behalf to do the same.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(si2t3m @ Apr 25 2004, 01:21 PM)
It was great meeting you and sorry about my poor english!

...i sure did try to take the rennshifter out!! biggrin.gif

your English is better than my French every day of the week.

the Rennshifter is a sweet bit of gear and as much as i like it in everyday traffic (on a route i drive every day, and so can anticipate 90 per cent of needed gear changes) driving the car on an unfamiliar long drive it was -so- nice because i didn't have to think about shifting, i could just concentrate on where i was going.

once i get it on the track i think it's going to bring a big(ger) smile to my face.

it was good meeting you too. wow. you look nothing like your avatar picture ... [ smile.gif ]
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 25 2004, 03:46 PM)
i must post for completeness.

NO ONE TOOK MY FRS RADIO.  i found it.

as you may know, Sparco seats have removable seat bolsters (nice feature - you can wash & dry them after a nice hot sweaty DE weekend ...)  also gives you painless access to the sub-belt cutout.

anyway - it must have slipped into the crack between the bolsters and then slid down.  i found it.

so i retract any generalised derogatory thoughts against human nature, and i urge any of you who might have been pissed off or disappointed on my behalf to do the same.

Doh

Nevermind!

Ol' dopey me, aha yep.

Don't you just hate when that happens...

givemebeer.gif

drunk.gif

wink.gif
East coaster
Here's a couple more 914 pics from Hershey. I love the obnoxious color of this car!

Oops clicked by mistake!!!!
East coaster
Here ya go..........
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 25 2004, 03:56 PM)
Don't you just hate when that happens...

well, no, ackshully, 'cause it just made me look stupid, and it's not like it's the first time that's happened ...

i -did- look real hard over, under, and inside stuff before concluding it was missing, so it wasn't just an offhand generalised accusation. i was just wrong.

this way, i don't have to feel bad about human nature, and i don't have to go buy another radio.

and i'll probably have another reason to feel stupid before i get over this one, so nothing's changed, really :-) ...
East coaster
Another ........
East coaster
Here's a nice silver car........
East coaster
Check out the size of the brakes on this 911..........

BTW it was great to meet some of you guys at Hershey.. good to put some faces with names! Somehow I missed Rich and his goodies, I don't know how, as I walked the swapmeet isles about 50 times! I can't believe I came home spending more on junk food than parts. It must mean I'm getting close to having all the parts I need!

PS: Thanks again Ed!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 25 2004, 04:06 PM)
well, no, ackshully, 'cause it just made me look stupid, and it's not like it's the first time that's happened ...

Never, ever happens to me...ever...honest...

cough cough... bs.gif

wink.gif
ejm
QUOTE(East coaster @ Apr 25 2004, 04:13 PM)
BTW it was great to meet some of you guys at Hershey.. PS: Thanks again Ed!

Nice to meet you JD

Happy I could supply needed sheetmetal sawzall-smiley.gif

And glad Paul got his AX wheels driving.gif

Sometimes the best swaps are in the parking lot beerchug.gif
RON S.
Hey JD,
I know what ya mean about spendin more on food than parts.
I too took a short list of must haves.
I came looking for a good ZF LSD unit for my 915 box,and could not believe that noone,and the Ron means noone,had one.
There were only 2 diffs there.A Quaife tb,and a g-50 lsd.
Only thing I got was a 964 pedal cluster to use as a donor for a hydraulic clutch on my trans.
After getting home,doing some fitment work to get it mounted on a 914 pedal cluster.The damn thing is gonna work.
It was great meeting Rich,really nice guy to speak with.
I had a great time shopping,just didn't see anything I needed.
Oh well,there's always next year.
Ron
East coaster
Ron, To look on the bright side, I think it means were getting close to having what we need when it's harder to find stuff!

Question.......where did you bring your DME harness through the firewall?
jom
more photos
Part Pricer
I love the obnoxious color of this car!
IPB Image

I love the obnoxious color of that car as well. My car is the same color. Without that awful stripe.

JD, it was good to meet you and thanks for the wheels. clap56.gif My wife and I will be down your way in June. We'll have to hook up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.