Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP!!! 8 hours till AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdogg
Following up this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=11327

I busted ass today trying to find the leak and narrowed it down to the hole in this pic...What is this? When you look inside the plenum, there is a tube that runs from top to bottom. Does it go to something, or is it just support for the intake?....Can I just seal it with epoxy? Duct tape seems to have done the trick for right now.....

PS. This hole is located on the forward side of the motor.
415PB
It's just a support tube. Epoxy will do the trick for now, but you might want to weld it later.
jdogg
Thanks Rod.....I think duct tape is actually gonna have to do it for tomorrow, then we'll weld! I didn't look closely, is that all mild steel there? Can I just zap it with my mig welder?
415PB
Yep, it's a mild steel and your mig should work just fine. I hope it works out. Let me know how it turns out and dont you just love duct tape smile.gif
EdwardBlume
I've gone through a plenum or two. Make sure you have the plastic bolt behind the accelerator pedal. If you don't or if its not stopping the pedal, you may over torque the cable when you floor it, and the first thing that gives is your flimsy pleum, not the thottle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.