Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the purpose of this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
I have seen this before but why is it here and what does it do?
bcheney
This looks like some kind of antenna booster with the coaxial lines on input and output sides....maybe it's for an old CB radio that someone installed or just for a regular AM/FM radio.
messix

speedo cables ?emissions service engine light ca model
Jeffs9146
speedo cables ?emissions service engine light ca model

Interesting thought!! It looks like it hooks to the speedo cable but I have not traced it down yet! I was hoping someone just knew what is was!!
Kirmizi
IIRC that box is part of the EGR/warning light system. Does your dash have the small EGR light?
Mike
Jeffs9146
Does your dash have the small EGR light?

Yep!

OK, so I can go to an earlier speedo cable and eliminate this right??
Kirmizi
This light!
Mike
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Dec 21 2010, 08:26 PM) *

Does your dash have the small EGR light?

Yep!

OK, so I can go to an earlier speedo cable and eliminate this right??

Yes. Just go to the early speedo cable and elimnate the box. You also no doubt found the only piece laugh.gif of wood used in a 914!!

Since I see the Cap'n lurking I should add that the console is wood as well if you have one...
Kirmizi
Yes, I have a '75 also; but have an earlier gauge panel sans EGR light and I'm using an "early" model speedo cable.
Mike
Kirmizi
You also no doubt found the only piece of wood used in a 914!!

Yes, but it's highly-engineered German wood! biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
piratenanner.gif Thanks all! Out with the old and in with the older!! lol

Older parts that is!
Eric_Shea
That's a black box that your insurance company installed when you weren't looking.

Looks like a great place to hide your smoke.gif
mepstein
Funny timing. I'm taking apart my '75 and found the wired plug in the boxed in foam section (not wood) I took a picture to ask you guys what it was for but you beat me to the punch. thanks, mark
stugray
"You also no doubt found the only piece laugh.gif of wood used in a 914!!

Since I see the Cap'n lurking I should add that the console is wood as well if you have one..."

Ah.... you forgot the original spare tire cover panel is plywood ;-)

Stu
mepstein
What about the backing for the door panels and backpad? Wood or fiberboard?
MDG
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 22 2010, 08:04 AM) *

What about the backing for the door panels and backpad? Wood or fiberboard?

Fiberboard. I've ordered the FG door panels from Morph for my '76 conversion. The boards on my car were fuched.

I am using the stock backpad board - still in good shape - but will be adding some fiberglass in the lower section behind the passenger seat. That's where I have the harness entering to hook up to the motronic box so a little modification is required.
914Sixer
It was a California ONLY item. You should have TWO small dash lights, one was EGR and the other is CAT. CA emission control items.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.