Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: safety devices bolt in roll cage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
brant
This came out of a 914/6 that ran DE
its a real Saftey Devices cage that bolts together
I do not have the foot pads as they are welded into the car
but I know they are available as replacements as I bought a set myself for another car.

After welding the foot pads in, this will bolt into a car.
it will not interfere with the stock dash or stock roof
yet it fits very tight to the chassis and offers more room than most of the cages available.

These are made from seamless tubing and thus are allowed to use a lighter weight/smallest legal tube out there. This is one of the lightest cages out there and are legal for all sanctioning bodies. This is a 6 point cage as it also bolts into the stock seatbelt points.

safety devices US distributor (stable energies)

These cages are from the UK, but also have been distributed in the US for years
you can order side bars that bolt in as an option.

safety devices

This cage can be removed from a car with minimal fuss, thus the reason this one is available when the car was turned back to street. This will significantly stiffen a chassis

I will ship for actual cost.
I expect 48 state shipping to run 75-125 dollars, but again will send for actual shipping costs. Pick up is of course available and If we have mutual friends, I'll do what I can to facilitate friend-shipping.

These sell for 1150 new, and I'm selling this one for $600
again you will need to buy foot pads if you bolt it in, or simple plates if you weld it in. You also need to purchase bolts and nylocks (about x8, from anywhere) as the recommendation is to not reuse hardware for safety sake)

I'll include 4 sticks of roll bar padding also.

brant
brant
more pictures.
(nothing on the cage is bent, but some of the pictures look weird due to the way I had to lean it up to get the "assebled" view)
brant
and:

Markl
Interested, will a standard (whatever that means) harness bar still fit to the seat belt bolts? I'll take a look at heir web site - maybe I can use this.

Mark
carr914
Harness Bar should fit, as my last car with a Safety Devices cage ( with V-Brace) also had a Harness Bar
brant
Mark,

to be honest I haven't tried a harness bar
Markl
I don't see a listing on that web site for the foot pads or harness bar, might need to give them a call.
brant
QUOTE(Markl @ Dec 23 2010, 04:01 PM) *

I don't see a listing on that web site for the foot pads or harness bar, might need to give them a call.

I can call them monday and verify
I know a couple of years ago I bought a set myself from them
I'll find out their price first of the week.

brant
Van914
Brant,
I bought a set of the foot pads a few years ago for mine from them. You could make your own too.
Van914
Spencer99
Brant...
I'm interested inf Mark doesn't buy the roll cage. PM is spencer_george@hotmail.com
brant
Spencer, I'll pm you
I'm going to call monday to price out the foot pads and let Mark have all the info

but I'll definitely keep you informed
thanks
brant
badm
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 26 2010, 08:01 AM) *

Spencer, I'll pm you
I'm going to call monday to price out the foot pads and let Mark have all the info

but I'll definitely keep you informed
thanks
brant

Brant I have a full set of the SD cage weld plates for your cage with all the bolts (NEW never used) I will sell for $20.00 + flat rate shipping USPS If this helps with the sale of your cage. Badm.
brant
Badm

I'll send you a PM
thanks sir!

brant
badm
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 26 2010, 03:47 PM) *

Badm

I'll send you a PM
thanks sir!

brant

PM sent Thanks Ben.
brant
tenatively sold.
thanks guys for all of the help, input
and thanks Ben, for helping to come up with the missing parts.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.