Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Festivus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
The Festivus for the Rest of Us - the Holiday to air all your grievances shades.gif

Click to view attachment
zymurgist
So is this the airing of grievances thread, then?

I don't appreciate being told I am the love of your life, then suddenly getting dumped on my birthday with a raft of lame excuses. Seek professional help for your intimacy problems.

(She'll never see this post, but it seemed like a good grievance to air.)

beerchug.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Dec 23 2010, 04:46 AM) *

So is this the airing of grievances thread, then?

I don't appreciate being told I am the love of your life, then suddenly getting dumped on my birthday with a raft of lame excuses. Seek professional help for your intimacy problems.

(She'll never see this post, but it seemed like a good grievance to air.)

beerchug.gif

Good thing you clarified that. I thought your statement was aimed at T.C. blink.gif
carr914
biggrin.gif
dflesburg
At our company Christmas Dinner...

Our company gave us a speach about how we are all considered part of the family.

Then they had a drawing for the gifts up on the table at the front of the room.

About 10 people got really nice things. 20 people got joke gifts and the vast majority of the room got nothing (80 people).

A suprising number of the 10 were actual family members of the company.

That was fun. (not)
EdwardBlume
Tis far better to be pissed off, than to be pissed on.... hissyfit.gif
dflesburg
Here is another.

During the reign of the Third Reich, there were 16,800 camps for the unfit. (various people who were considered undesireable to live amoung the master race)...

Today in the United States, we have over 15,000 retirement homes where we put our elderly.

This Christmas dont forget to go visit anyone you know in one of these places.... I would rather die than go to one myself.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Dec 23 2010, 06:05 AM) *

Today in the United States, we have over 15,000 retirement homes where we put our elderly.

agree.gif

You get better care in prison...
URY914
I was laid off from my job two days ago, but was invited to the party today.

Merry Christmas
TC 914-8
on Thanksgiving, as my loser (not total) in-law neice was leaving, she mentioned "she'll send over their Christmas list", WTF. I looked at her and said I'll email mine to her.
last year they gave us a bottle of wine each. So after getting thieir list for the 2 kids, her and her loser husband ( hasn't worked in years but has gone to every school in the county), oh yea one more kid on the way.
They get Wal-Mart gift cards, $25.00 each.
I wanted to send them a list with Porsche parts, Factory 5 GTM, lift fot the garage, and more, but my wife stopped me.
I told my wife next year, we are getting a metal pole and celebrating Festivus!! everybody gets nothin!!
Merry Christmas for now
r_towle
I had a great year, everyone is healthy, all the family is going to be here for our holidays...mom and dad are in Florida enjoying their first xmas without us...and they will have fun.
Life is good, I dont worry about the small things....and they are all small.

"loser" not Looser

Rich
Root_Werks
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 23 2010, 06:32 AM) *

Merry Christmas

Holy $h!t

That sucks Paul, sorry to hear it.

sad.gif
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 23 2010, 09:32 AM) *

Merry Christmas

Go to the party with a box to shovel food into - also take a couple of cases of Beer drunk.gif

Then Moon them on the way out the door KMA.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 23 2010, 08:36 AM) *

Merry Christmas

Go to the party with a box to shovel food into - also take a couple of cases of Beer drunk.gif

agree.gif Go in there, yuk it up, get sh*t faced and leave. Make THEM feel uncomfortable.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 23 2010, 10:19 AM) *

I had a great year, everyone is healthy, all the family is going to be here for our holidays...mom and dad are in Florida enjoying their first xmas without us...and they will have fun.

"loser" not Looser

Rich

But, maybe she really is looser than most, but not totally. confused24.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 23 2010, 06:10 AM) *

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Dec 23 2010, 06:05 AM) *

agree.gif

You get better care in prison...

.....Now that the drama is over.....click your heels idea.gif
(I hope you don't end-up in Kansas laugh.gif )
speed metal army
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 23 2010, 08:36 AM) *

Merry Christmas

I agree!Get Hammered,have fun,and make a huge dent in the bill if you can.I always said the worst part of company christmas parties was having to look for a new gig on monday. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Dec 23 2010, 06:02 AM) *

At our company Christmas Dinner...

Our company gave us a speach about how we are all considered part of the family.

Then they had a drawing for the gifts up on the table at the front of the room.

About 10 people got really nice things. 20 people got joke gifts and the vast majority of the room got nothing (80 people).

A suprising number of the 10 were actual family members of the company.

That was fun. (not)

I don't do Company Christmas Partys anymore. Management is restricted from the gift giveaways and you are frowned upon if you have one beer. I also don't consider Tacos, fijoles and arroz to be a suitable dinner.

So, I lit up a joint!

smoke.gif Ahhhhhhhhh..................
TC 914-8
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 23 2010, 08:19 AM) *

"loser" not Looser

Rich

There I fixed it
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 23 2010, 09:36 AM) *

Merry Christmas

I was hittin' on the owner's wife the hole time. Then I dropped a Baby Ruth in the punch bowl. happy11.gif
strawman
My Dad has been slowly dying of throat cancer in my living room for the past six weeks; we thought he might last two after transferring him to my house out of the ICU. He hasn't ingested anything foodlike through his peg tube since Thanksgiving Day, and he now looks like a Holocaust survivor. He has essentially been in a coma for the past three weeks.

Thank gawd for Yolo Hospice -- they're the cat's meow in times like this -- as well as the 24 hour in-home care we've hired. Those BIG Fijians are the kindest and most caring men I've ever met.

Yesterday I put my my 14 y.o. daughter and my wife on a plane to be with her family in Utah whilst my blind Ma (whose father / my loving grandfather also died two weeks ago!) and I see this thing through. This is the first time that my family has been apart for Xmas, but I didn't want my lovely daughter to see the suffering anymore. While spending last days with dying loved ones is beautiful, it ain't pretty.

Yupper, Festivus for the Rest of Us. Kids, don't smoke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.