Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between early calipers and late 914 calipers? Also the difference between front and rear? I took these off and I cant remember what they are. I'm fairly sure there early but not sure if there front or rear calipers. Thanks
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Look like late (2 bleeders) & front (no spring for the E-brake) to me, but I'm no expert.

Try PM to Eric Shea at PMB (admin & member vendor on here) since he's our resident brake guru, and can make those look & work like new btw! smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the easiest is that the early (through late 72 have one bleeder nipple and the late (very late 72 and up through 76 have two bleeder nipples. Early have a smaller pad opening width wise than the lates which have a larger width pad opening for the thicker pads.
The rears have the emergency brake arm. They will interchange the early with one bleeder the late with two. 914-6 rears have a bigger brake pad opening and a rounded inner half as opposed to a square 914-4

QUOTE(matteyp @ Dec 23 2010, 02:54 PM) *

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between early calipers and late 914 calipers? Also the difference between front and rear? I took these off and I cant remember what they are. I'm fairly sure there early but not sure if there front or rear calipers. Thanks
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.