Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weather stripping?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I installed new trim pieces on the a-pillars that the targa seal sits in going down each pillar. I vaguely remember when those were removed a few years ago there was some black goop between those pieces and the a-pillar. Can someone confirm and suggest a product to replace it with if required.

Thanks,
Kev
Mikey914
3M weatherstrip adheasive
Tom_T
Kev -

Wurth also makes this stuff for that purpose, also available from other vendors than this example (IIRC it's what the P dealers use) -
http://www.nlaparts.com/store/rubber-glue-p-626.html

Merry & Happy santa_smiley.gif
Tom
///////
kconway
Just to be clear, I'm looking for something that goes between the metal trim and the body, not body and rubber. This keeps water from seeping in between the trim and the body into the cabin. I'm thinking that 3M stuff might do the trick.

Kev
Mikey914
QUOTE(kconway @ Dec 24 2010, 10:44 AM) *

Just to be clear, I'm looking for something that goes between the metal trim and the body, not body and rubber. This keeps water from seeping in between the trim and the body into the cabin. I'm thinking that 3M stuff might do the trick.

Kev

The 3M never really drys, it stays tacky, and makes a good moisture barrier.
-mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.