Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UGMO Has ReTuRnEd...continued..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Well here we go again guys. I got the stripe repainted and its closer to what I want, but not really what I wanted. Not sure what to say at this point. told the guy the call me 3 times before he painted it but apparently he didnt get it. What do you all think?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

For those of you who didnt read my first post this is what the front stripe is supposed to look like, minus the number circle.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
aktion035.gif
KELTY360
Looks great! I really like the white rockers too; although I'm glad you'll be the one to keep them clean. shades.gif
matteyp
Hmm didn't think about that, but it's ok I plan on mostly driving it in nice weather 
balljoint
I like it. The striping fans out more on the top of the bumper, yes?
914itis
looks great , it will look much better once you put it back together
PlaysWithCars
I like the stripe! Luke warm on the white rockers though; keeping them clean is going to be tough.

Now I understand your quandary for bumpers. Either chrome or body color would look good. Is there an aftermarket bumper top you could paint body color and put on body color bumpers? I know there are fiberglass bumper/top pieces available but in the real world I'd want steel bumpers to help protect the body in case something goes wrong in a parking lot.
matteyp
Haven't figured out if I want to go with chrome bumpers a
or like you said maybe black bumpers and fan out the white onto the black bumper
sixnotfour
Looks Great
here is some food for thought.
matteyp
Wow that looks awesome. I like thr painted wheels to. I was contemplating the American eagle repros and painting the black portion body color like yours
matteyp
Where did u get that bumper and valence peice?
sixnotfour
They are getty pieces. not my car , It was done by eurotech in kirkland.
Gint
Normally I keep my mouth shut, but you asked so I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not a fan. The red looks awesome! Straight stripes would be OK, but that bit at the front blew it. And every time I've looked at a 914 for sale with some sort of stripe(s), especially strangely shaped stripes, I didn't buy it. Blows the deal every time.
nsr-jamie
I think it looks alright. I wouldn't do it to my own car but every one has thier own taste and its your car. It looks very close to the drawing your showed and the quality looks good too. I think its cool and nice to see some new and original paintwork designs. Red is definetly a nice color and the white looks good but to be honest am not a big fan on the white rockers...but thats just me, still I think its cool and refreshing
AndyB
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 24 2010, 10:31 AM) *

Normally I keep my mouth shut, but you asked so I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not a fan. The red looks awesome! Straight stripes would be OK, but that bit at the front blew it. And every time I've looked at a 914 for sale with some sort of stripe(s), especially strangely shaped stripes, I didn't buy it. Blows the deal every time.

agree.gif Straight stripes are nice. It just doesn't flow.
jmill
The Strenger 914 has the only stripes I liked. This 911 has a single stripe that might look decent on a 914.

campbellcj
I like it but a lot rides on the front bumper carrying thru the look properly.

Thinking about a stripe(s) for my car too - I may do something novel and have stripes of raw fiberglass i.e. paint the lids except for leaving one or two stripes in the current raw f/g. I'll have to play around on the computer first.
914werke
Had they installed the head light lids/brows they may have gotten the arc more accurate. Still looks good.
Needs more more contrast (Black), like the example image IMHO.
Put it back together and Im sure you'll feel better about it.
Tom_T
QUOTE(matteyp @ Dec 23 2010, 04:30 PM) *

Well here we go again guys. I got the stripe repainted and its closer to what I want, but not really what I wanted. Not sure what to say at this point. told the guy the call me 3 times before he painted it but apparently he didnt get it. What do you all think?

For those of you who didnt read my first post this is what the front stripe is supposed to look like, minus the number circle.

You might like it better if he added a thin black stripe each side, just inside of the thein white/thin red (or over/intead-of the thin red) - cuz that will make it "pop" more like in you Gulf Rendering. Maybe the "PORSCHE" on the rockers instead of red too for the "pop factor"?

BTW - you can mock that up with the appropriate widths of removable racing tape or similar to see if you like it (or any other scheme) before he actually starts painting it (or the "permanent" black stripes could be in vinyl on the trunks).

FYI - PP, AA & others do sell FG & CF F & R bumpers which are the complete bumper+top-pad shape for each, then you can paint those if you want. I doubt that the paint will adhere well to the black rubber/polyurethane top pads.
matteyp
hey guys, I know the pictures on here make the car look red but its actually orange not red. Here are some better pics of the car before the stripes got painted.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.