Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replacing window regulator button
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
monkeyboy
I have the early doors with the window regulator buttons. I have a new set of buttons. How do I get the old buttons out? I have tried to pry on them a little, but they aren't budging. Is there something I missed?

Hopefully I don't have to take the door apart again. sad.gif
markb
They're held in by a pair of prongs in the center of the button. The button has a tendency to want to come off, so if yours is on there that strongly, why replace it? Unless they're broken leave them in. If they are broken, pinch the prongs together & pull the button off. Press the new button on, and spread the prongs as wide as you can.
Mikey914
I agree if the button stays on leave it.
watsonrx13
I have a later window regulator and also the new buttons. I'd like to replace mine since they are worn down so much that they jump out of the track. How do I replace them?

-- Rob
21783mike
May I ask where you purchased the buttons from..... mines missing on the driver side.
monkeyboy
AA I think.
21783mike
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Aug 19 2011, 12:07 AM) *

AA I think.

Alcoholics Anonymous sells 914 parts?
markb
We have a bag of good used ones. How many do you need? Cheaper by the dozen..... biggrin.gif
monkeyboy
QUOTE(21783mike @ Aug 22 2011, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Aug 19 2011, 12:07 AM) *

AA I think.

Alcoholics Anonymous sells 914 parts?

And has an awesome microbrew! drunk.gif
21783mike
QUOTE(markb @ Aug 22 2011, 07:16 PM) *

We have a bag of good used ones. How many do you need? Cheaper by the dozen..... biggrin.gif

Only need 1 but should get 2 in case I need one in the future. You can email with details - mikesmowing@myactv.net
Mikey914
Got the new ones in Delrin. They pop off with a plyers amd you can pop them on the same way. Do them in sets (2 per window) because you will not have to take it apart again for the other later. Lube the track with a little grease.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.