Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: X box game?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeff
Santa just bought us a x Box 360,I was wondering which is the best steering wheel setup and game to go online and race others.I 'm hoping this is the system that allows the 914 racing as it's taking me forever to get mine running. Thanks !I'll try and do more talking and less lurking..
JRust
QUOTE(jeff @ Dec 26 2010, 03:07 PM) *

Santa just bought us a x Box 360,I was wondering which is the best steering wheel setup and game to go online and race others.I 'm hoping this is the system that allows the 914 racing as it's taking me forever to get mine running. Thanks !I'll try and do more talking and less lurking..

Definately the newer Forza! You can race a 914 & customize it. there is a good group of teeners on there racing too. I went on some but I got my butt kicked. Just didn't have much chance to practice before. Still fun though biggrin.gif
steveherman
I love burnout paradise
bmtrnavsky
Forza3 is awesome and a bunch of us have it! I also like Project Gotham Racing 4 it's more arcad like than sim, but it has bikes too!
poorsche914
Forza 3 is what we use to race 914s though it has been a while since we have had any organized racing online. If you get Forza 3, get the Platinum Edition that includes all the past DLC (downloadable content) - cars and tracks.

As far as a wheel, the Microsoft wheel may be the easiest to find though I think it has been discontinued. If you can find a Logitech DriveFX for the Xbox 360, that is a good wheel also. Not sure about the Mad Catz and other lesser brands. There is also a Porsche design wheel out that is quite expensive.

Another fun game for general driving is Midnight Club LA.

driving.gif
underthetire
Forza3
Wheel, the best one is the Porsche licensed one but it's bank. I have a mad cats one, it's ok.
ONTHEGRIND
Fanatec wheels are good. Of you
Look on youtube i think its called
Inside sim racing the have a bunch of wheel reviews
poorsche914
Need to find a wheel that is compatible with Xbox 360. Many are available for PC and/or PS but don't work on Xbox.

The Fanatec 911 GT2 wheel runs $250. The Clubsport edition is $500 blink.gif
Looks like the MS wheel on ebay runs $100 +/-
Mad Catz wheel/pedals go for $45-75 on ebay.
The Logitech DriveFX... couldn't find one listed anywhere.

driving.gif
RFoulds
Forza any version. Other games are too arcade ish. Forza is very much like Gran Turismo on PS2 or PS3.

Wheel, Microsoft or Logitech.

And don't forget, you NEED this.

IPB Image
ONTHEGRIND
I play i racing have not tried the new forza cause xbpx doesn't work with the g27 wheel iracing is the way to go though as far as sin racing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.