Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 New Year's Day Drive - SF Peninsula
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
I know a lot of us really enjoyed last year's drive. However, from my perspective, I didn’t enjoy Alpine (due to the roughness of the road) and the fact we just kind of just abruptly ended the tour at skyline (no real end point to continue our discussions ). So I put together three possible routes. Also, I have submitted the drive to PCA from a liability perspective.

Well it is offical... we have PCA liability coverage for the event biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Date: January 1, 2011

Departure time 9:11 AM -- All 911s
Departure time 9:14 AM -- All 914s biggrin.gif

0. James smile.gif
1. Dedes
2. galis
3. MH911
4. hcoles
5. MattKellett (I inserted my name above UrQuattro and moved the rest of you guys down a notch to make it seem like I'm cooler than UrQuattro.... )
6. UrQuattro
7. logan2z
8. AirKuhl
9. Newlin4141
10.ckissick
11. Steve Viegas
12. hal m
13. kugelfischer
14. hkiang1
15. darkbeer
16. hkiang1
17. Tom Pickett
18. Pete Pickett
19. Drive-em
20. clemsonc
21. RickJ & Mary
22. George and Carol Grialou
23. Tom and Bernice
24. Mary Wantanabe
25. Les Schreiber
26. Nine17
27. Chris and Rena
28. 2000S GR
29. hydroliftin
30. Derick B. TeeKing (from San Francisco)

Route 1
IPB Image

Route 2
IPB Image

Route 3
IPB Image
McMark
Dang, I've got plans already. sad.gif
Mike Bellis
I went last year and had fun... but...

These guys are speed freaks. The first guy and the last guy end up about 5 miles apart. The guys in front treat the curise as a race. The guys in back are playing catch up.

There were no bathrooms on the journey. Be careful how much coffee your wife puts down. Bring a blanket for her modesty as she pees on the side of the road.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jesiv
That is why we have several stops to regroup, pictures and Alices. The intent this year is to "try" and keep everyone togehter. Hope you can make it :-)

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 27 2010, 05:18 PM) *

I went last year and had fun... but...

These guys are speed freaks. The first guy and the last guy end up about 5 miles apart. The guys in front treat the curise as a race. The guys in back are playing catch up.

There were no bathrooms on the journey. Be careful how much coffee your wife puts down. Bring a blanket for her modesty as she pees on the side of the road.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

jesiv
hydroliftin
QUOTE(jesiv @ Dec 28 2010, 03:28 PM) *

Count me in! Do I have to have PCA membership? How do we know which of the three routes are a go? I could save a few miles coming from San Jose if it's route 3.
EdwardBlume
Looks like a good time! Have fun!
jesiv
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Dec 28 2010, 05:11 PM) *

QUOTE(jesiv @ Dec 28 2010, 03:28 PM) *

Count me in! Do I have to have PCA membership? How do we know which of the three routes are a go? I could save a few miles coming from San Jose if it's route 3.

Peter No PCA membership is required!! See you next year :-)
jesiv
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 28 2010, 07:06 PM) *

Looks like a good time! Have fun!

Rob, wish you could make it. Also, I really enjoyed your post regarding your dad.

Have a happy new year!!

Regards,

James
Mike Bellis
I asked my wife if she would push my 914 while I steered. driving.gif She said no. I guess I will have to wait unitl next, next year.
jesiv
If anyone is bring a minor please let me know so I can have enough release forms.

Regards,

James
Michael N
Rain Rain go away!!

Nolan and I will be there as he just loves cars.

Click to view attachment
Michael N
Thanks James for sharing the drive info here.

Nolan was out and his sister jumped at the chance to go on the drive. Breakfast at Alice's was great as usual.

Stop at the beach in Pescadero.

Click to view attachment

Peter was there to help represent the 914s.

Click to view attachment

Re-group along the route.

Click to view attachment
Michael N
A few more pics....

Click to view attachment

A wonderful co-pilot that woke up early for the drive and breakfast. She had a blast.

Click to view attachment

jesiv
It was a lot of fun!! However, you left out the best shot piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

jesiv
Michael & Peter,

Nice seeing y'all again. We need to do more drives this year biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Michael N
Is there a Northern California run on New Years this year? My kids are asking to go again.
pt_700
depending on the hangover, color me a perhaps.

i trust the final route will be posted here?
hydroliftin
I would be up for a new year's drive. If there is enough interest for 914s we could do it on our own. If PCA wants to put it on, that would be swell with me as well.
Michael N
I can not find anything in the South Bay area. Did I miss a posting on Pelican etc? I know ther is a North Bay event but I would rather not drive 85+ miles to the start of the drive then 85+ miles back home. I am such a wimp.
tradisrad
I live 2 minutes away from your starting point, however I may be in Yosemite so I dont know if I'll make it.
One thing to consider is that Canada Road is closed on sundays for "Bicycle Sundays" between 92 and Edgewood road. Oh, wait it looks like you may be taking 280 and not Canada Road....
dlkawashima
QUOTE(Michael N @ Dec 27 2011, 09:37 AM) *

I can not find anything in the South Bay area. Did I miss a posting on Pelican etc? I know ther is a North Bay event but I would rather not drive 85+ miles to the start of the drive then 85+ miles back home. I am such a wimp.

Hey Michael, did you see the NorCal East Bay New Year's run that starts in Livermore, goes on Mines Rd. into the back country & then San Antonio Valley over the hills, and eventually makes its way to San Jose?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...l-east-bay.html
Michael N
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Dec 27 2011, 10:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Dec 27 2011, 09:37 AM) *

Hey Michael, did you see the NorCal East Bay New Year's run that starts in Livermore, goes on Mines Rd. into the back country & then San Antonio Valley over the hills, and eventually makes its way to San Jose?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...l-east-bay.html

Thanks for the link. This is much closer to home and I will be there!!! driving.gif

Funny that I just got back from a drive to the top of Mt. Hamiliton today and then get the link.

Click to view attachment

Randal

We will be racing at UFO on Sunday morning.

But looking at those pictures makes me want to build a 72 911, with a 3.6 of course. smile.gif

Michael N
This looks like it will be a big Porsche turn out. Get up and join the drive.

Copied and pasted from Pelican list:

We are still on for the 8am meet and 830'ish out .. we are planning on ending at Sunol Park we are planning to have just a cool down at the park .. pics, talk and a sack lunch there is a five dollar per car fee for entry to the park (money goes to the park for rangers, maint etc .. good cause). Looking forward to 2012 and seeing some of you again and starting the year off with what appears to be 60+ friends ...

Here is the current call list ..copied and pasted from Pelican list:

1 - Me
2 - dedes
3 - MattKellett (Gd-day mate)
4 - Tim -- timchar
5 - MH911 -- Kipp
6 - Louie85
7 - Gordeman
8 - Nine17
9 - Jesiv ??
10- Newlin4141
11- Francars
12- Steve(a different one)
13- Chris D
14- Brian Haske
15- Itz Kirb
16- Tony Yau
17- Chris Rife
18- Jack Wu
19- Ajay Juneja
20- Nick Tran
21- Seth Mills
22- Paul Funston
23- Les Schreiber
24- Caleb Porter
25- Tito Young
26- George & Carol Grialou
27- James
28- VitaminC - Cayman
29- Efren Casamina
30- Brian -Wyvern
31- Norman W
32- John C
33-Greg
34-Rick and Mary
35-Mike Kathy
36-Mike and kathy's kids(in another 914)
37-Peter Van Der Pas
38-Jacey Patel-Cassidy
39-Eugenie Thomas
40-Edmund Won
41Christopher Paterno
42-Kelly Guglielmo
43-Ed & Karen Tefankjian - PCA - LPR
44-Michael Alan Ross

Michael N
Well there were 4 914's represented at the New Years drive. 52 cars in total and more twisties than one should drive in a day. My daughter lost her "cookies" on the way down from Mt. Hamilton and decided rather than falling out of the drive to continue on for lunch at the end. confused24.gif What a trooper! I was proud of Kathy (my wife) for driving the snot out of her Bumblebee and keeping pace with all the 6 cylinder cars driven by testosterone. She really drove the hell out of the car for the day.

Here is a you tube link to the drive that Dedes from Pelican board put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWRqRbthPw

Next year more 914's are required.

Michael N
Does anyone know of any NorCal event for New Years 2013?
Michael N
Looks like there is going to be a Drive starting at POrsche in Livermore. I did this drive last year and the backside was fun.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...east-bay-7.html

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.