Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F.I. fuel leaks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I'm in the start up and set up of my engine. I noticed a small gasoline leak under two injectors. I pulled the plug out and saw fuel weeping out where the terminals are. I pulled the injector and tried another one. It leaked between the yellow plastic and the steel body. I tried another and it did the same thing. I have a few more in a box to try but I am wondering if this is common?
Any comments?
Tx
Doug
Dave_Darling
Time for new injectors. This is not uncommon, and AFAIK not really fixable.

Just make sure the leak is really coming from there and not from the (originally crimped-on) hose.

--DD
Mark Henry
Try them all, that or new is all you can do.

Mike's 914 may have some used injectors but he will tell you the same thing. He showed me a whole bag of them and told me that only a couple of them will be any good.
davep
Common problem with old injectors. I probably have a dozen used ones here.
tracks914
I'm just one of those hands on kind of guys that has to see it for myself to believe it. Everything is fixable, to an extent. So dremel in hand I proceeded to take apart one of my leaking injectors. (fully knowing it would never go back together)
What I found was a very clean injector with one slightly worn, common sized, O-ring. The trouble is putting it back together just isn't going to happen because the whole assembly was pressed and crimped together.
The good news is, now I know how they work and I even took pictures for those of you who wished you knew what the insides of one of those things looked like. smile.gif
The O-ring that leaks is the one found on the underside of the coil. The coil should stay dry but if the ring leaks it becomes imersed in gasoline. There is a second o-ring on the bottom end of the pintle.
tracks914
Second Picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.