Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **SOLD** For Sale 3.2 liter 1973
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Elliot Cannon
**SOLD**"The Screaming Yellow Zonker". $20,000 I have more pics if you want.
email flymach86@hotmail.com **SOLD**
sooba_dave
Wow! Looks like my dream car. The price sounds fair, but that's where my dream ends. Good luck on the sale!
Evil914
The keyboard won't shock you if you drool all over it,right???? drooley.gif Carl
Elliot Cannon
I just want to put this next to T H O M A S ' biggrin.gif
flipb
icon_bump.gif

I'm confused about how the classifieds work. I only see one page of classifieds, no navigation to subsequent pages, and the Screaming Yellow Zonker isn't there. But when I search the classifieds for Zonker, i found the thread. What gives? And will this bump get it back onto the main Classifieds page?

EDIT: Yes, it did. As did the owner's bump below.
Elliot Cannon
icon_bump.gif
turboman808
Great car great price. Hmmm

I will have to think about it more.
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif You sell this thing yet?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 31 2011, 01:06 PM) *

icon_bump.gif You sell this thing yet?

About a dozen inquiries in the last 2 months. (Worst case scenario: I have to keep it) LOL Someone out there wants it. I just have to find him/her.
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif for an amazing deal. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Try posting on the ddk board, it has a wide audience in Europe. Given a weak dollar, this might make more sense to someone over there. smile.gif

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/index.php
carr914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 6 2011, 01:58 AM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 31 2011, 01:06 PM) *

Someone out there wants it. I just have to find him/her.

Everybody wants it, you just have to find one of us with $$$$$. Come On Lotto Numbers ! biggrin.gif
BKLA
I want it, but the moths flying out of my wallet say otherwise!
enderw88
Still available?
Elliot Cannon
Hello? Yep, still available.
ArtechnikA
This is such a beautiful car...
We're planning on being in Paso Robles in August, but I doubt it'll be with a suitcase full of cash. I would if I could...
Series9
Your asking price covers the engine and transmission conversion alone.

The rest of the car, including $4000 wheels, is being thrown in for free.

This makes me realize that I could never sell the RS without loosing over $40k.

Someone buy this car. You could NEVER EVER EVER duplicate it for the asking price.
Madswede
Funny you say that Joe ...

But seriously, I agree. Really hope someone buys this. Elliot's really put out a steal of an offer (for anyone else besides him).
Dirty Evo
yeah, seriously, somebody NEEDS to buy this car. Its NICE I went and looked at it and its a helluva lot of car for the money... This car would be a blast on the track and you would look badass driving to and from the track
turboman808
I need to sell my solstice first but I may just pull the trigger on this one. smile.gif
r_towle
Scratching my head here....might step into this, not certain yet.

Rich
silver74insocal
im no expert, but i have seen this car in person and its stunning. "street legal race car" is the only way to describe it. i dont know Elliot personally, but i have seen this car a few times at local functions and wanted to share my observations.
snakemain
At this point, I think if someone wanted to buy my current project (mostly disassembled '74 in pretty good structural shape and various awesome parts) I'd write you a check tomorrow. What can I say, I'm impatient!
carr914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 29 2011, 11:52 PM) *

Rich

I keep thinking the same thing, as I think this is so under-priced
ewdysar
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 30 2011, 07:45 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 29 2011, 11:52 PM) *

Rich

I keep thinking the same thing, as I think this is so under-priced

I think a lot of us are trying to figure out how to take advantage of this deal. Nobody needs it and yet so many want it. When it goes, there should be a large collective sigh of disappointment and relief.

Elliot, I hope you understand the amount of angst (in a good way) that you're causing in the 914 space time continuum. happy11.gif
turboman808
Trying to sell my solstice is not easy. If it sells I will call Elliot the second I have the cash in hand.

Whoever buys it we should all congratulate them. Then all take turns kicking them in the nuts. ar15.gif
carr914
I say 10 of us put in $2,000 each, then we each have a month and a few days to play with it. biggrin.gif
r_towle
I would go for a third....

Rich
carr914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 30 2011, 07:01 PM) *

I would go for a third....

Rich

OK, me Too - We're 2/3 there beerchug.gif
ArtechnikA
If our retirement fund weren't about a million bucks underfunded (retire!? I'll work until I die - I can see this coming... - I have started over from scratch 3 times already...) and if the real estate market weren't in the dumper, I'd be having more serious talks with my bankers. Oh yeah - and if I weren't so far behind in making progress in my RSR project...

I could probably swing 1/3 of 20k, and that'd at least get it on the right coast... I'd have to sell the RSR project tho - and that's kept me going for a while...

FWIW - I'll actually be in Paso Robles in mid-August. I'd love to see the car in question. If driving it back to the East Coast comes up - well - let me hear your suggestions...

(Pls forgive any typos you encounter in this post - just back from a bottle-signing of Dan Aykroyd's 'Crystal Head' vodka in Allentown - 3 hrs in line but a nice photo-op and yes, it's damned good vodka...) I attribute any typographic weirdness to quality assurance testing after arriving home...
hot_shoe914
Elliot, I sent this to a friend who is looking. He was very impressed and LOVES yellow Porsches. I hope you guys can work something out cuz if he buys it I get to make a lap or two around the track. Hell, I will even fly out and drive it back if he pays for the gas and food.
snakemain
I've got the cash, just 1 garage bay short unless I sell the roller. The boss says I'm only allowed 1 toy at a time.
markb
QUOTE(snakemain @ Jun 30 2011, 09:45 PM) *

I've got the cash, just 1 garage bay short unless I sell the roller. The boss says I'm only allowed 1 toy at a time.

You will never, ever be able to re-create this car for what Elliot is asking. Jump now, then sell the roller. Remember, it's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.... smile.gif
snakemain
I'll be home from Iraq in 15 days. If it hasn't sold by then, then maybe it is meant to be! smile.gif Anybody want a 74 roller, a 2.0L 6 cyl, a 2.0L 4 cyl and the Raby 2316 I was planning to put in it? Lol. I'll worry about it in 2 weeks I guess.
Chaplain
Trade you for a prerunner with a full tank of gas?

More pics please!
Nimrod
QUOTE(Chaplain @ Jul 4 2011, 08:44 PM) *

More pics please!

How are you gonna drive this baby with 2 child seats in it?????

Chaplain
QUOTE(Nimrod @ Jul 6 2011, 08:33 AM) *

More pics please!

Its a 914, it HAS TWO TRUNKS, duh. smash.gif
Nimrod
QUOTE(Chaplain @ Jul 6 2011, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Nimrod @ Jul 6 2011, 08:33 AM) *

More pics please!

Its a 914, it HAS TWO TRUNKS, duh. smash.gif

LOL! Silly me!

Nimrod
Why are you selling the screaming yellow zonker?
Nimrod
Are the headlights functional?
SLITS
QUOTE(Nimrod @ Jul 18 2011, 11:46 AM) *

Are the headlights functional?

Everything is functional in that beast!!!!
niv06290
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 29 2010, 11:30 PM) *

**SOLD**"The Screaming Yellow Zonker". $20,000 I have more pics if you want.
email flymach86@hotmail.com **SOLD**

Just checking - but has this indeed been sold?
markb
Yup, he sold it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.