Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your New Year's 914 resolution?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
BuddyV
This is the year I vow to drive & enjoy the car more, avoiding those "improvement projects" that keep the car on jacks for three times longer than planned.
EdwardBlume
Drive my street car, race my race car. Keep it simple.
Mike Bellis
To get my car running in time for the WCR 2011 driving.gif
sawzall-smiley.gif stirthepot.gif smash.gif welder.gif smoke.gif sheeplove.gif
GaroldShaffer
Starting Jan 2011

1) Remove rockers and clean the longs up (no rust repair need)
2) Replace fuel lines on engine
3) See if I can get the headrest for my GT LeMans seats made a little thinner
(pushes my head forward with helmet on for Axing)
4) Work on guage lights (very dim)
5) I plan to drive the heck out of it andAX the heck out of it.
6) Start building my dedicated SCCA DP 914 with this roller I picked up.

The DP project car blink.gif

moparrob
To get my car off jack stands and drive it like I stole it....
PeeGreen 914
To get an interior in my car and drive it smile.gif
PlaysWithCars
Embrace the idea that projects take years to complete, stop making resolutions to "get it running this year", and enjoy the journey. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, right. I'm gonna get it running and drive it like I stole it. driving.gif Don't give up the dream!!!
Sleepin
Sell them.
dflesburg
no cookies or cookie like treats.
zymurgist
To provide a new home for Babydoll. driving.gif

This means that a fast 911 with MFI will be looking for a new home too.
BMXerror
Setup an actual race/development budget, and plan projects ahead to minimize downtime.
Mark D.
pt_700
to vanquish my d-jet gremlin(s?) and put her back into service hauling tall trees in a single trip, making the dogs look cool going to the dogpark and surprising sportbikers going down (not up) highway 9!
eastbay851
same as last year and the year before and the year....

GIVE UP SARCASM.

damn. i just broke it by sayin it.
tscrihfield
1. Get the hell hole repaired.
2. Finish assemly of the 2.4
3. Install engine and get her running by sometime mid Summer at the latest!

However, these are dreams in which I hope to come true!

Good luck to all!
naro914
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 30 2010, 10:49 AM) *

Drive my street car, race my race car. Keep it simple.

Ditto.
hcdmueller
Try to stay home long enough to finish the engine that has been in my basement for almost 2 years. It would be nice to drive it this year.
plymouth37
Drive the Anklebiter, in some state, probably just a cobbled together chassis but I want to drive it this summer.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Dec 30 2010, 01:08 PM) *

Drive the Anklebiter, in some state, probably just a cobbled together chassis but I want to drive it this summer.

I'm going to add wanting to see you drive that art of creation as well...
Ian Stott
I am making my car faster by losing weight! I have already lost a pound and am well on my way to losing another one.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
RJMII
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Dec 30 2010, 11:22 AM) *

Sell them.

I got dibs on the one with five lug wheels... unless I can find the set of 4 lug wheels that I had on my first 914... and sold. sad.gif
RFoulds
Get Oly Blue to her first Concours by March.
Complete my retailer license so I can buy and sell more 914's. Wholesale license only right now, so I can only sell them to other dealers and overseas.

Then, buy them, restore them, drive them, sell them.

IPB Image
Pat Garvey
Get off my old ass & get Fritz going again! Not that much to do, to get it running (change tank, lines, pump & injectors) but it's tough working underneath at my age. Nevertheless, Fritz WILL fire this coning summer.
Pat
BiG bOgGs
Replace my clutch cable that snapped today. headbang.gif

After that....we'll see. smash.gif
raw1298
Drive to WCR this summer. Maybe in primer, but will drive.
hot_shoe914
to send Scotty enough money that my car will look at least a little bit different this time next year. bs.gif
Krieger
Get my 3.0L on the road! Drive my 75 more often.
porsche_dreamer
To buy a 914 thats in drivable decent shape before the p2o (porsches to oxford) show at the end of july.
JoeSharp
biggrin.gif Be more active in the 914 community.
DanT
1) continue driving it every day, rain or shine biggrin.gif
2) attend as many AXs as possible this season...
3) get my driving skills back where I want them to be again (see #2)
4) win my class championship in my PCA region with my 914
5) win overall PAX championship in my PCA region with my 914

914junkie
Same as last year...and the year before...PAINT IT!
Considering I have one of my best friends 12,000 sq ft autobody shop with 4 heated paint booths at my disposal, I have absolutely no excuses. blink.gif
He rents those booths out BTW and if anyone in the area is interested send me a PM. Paul.
oldschool
No haters please..but I'm going to get the 911S up and running bye1.gif
sharper
To get a job so I can afford to do the little finishing touches needed on my 914.
Porcharu
Drive it
Andyrew
Take it off non opp and drive it. Its been 5 years. I have no excuses any more...

Oh and paint it.

And keep looking for an Audi 2.8 FWD wreck so I can do a heart swap.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 31 2010, 09:00 AM) *

Take it off non opp and drive it. Its been 5 years. I have no excuses any more...

Oh and paint it.

Yea! first.gif I think you should take it to WCR 2011... I see a caravan in the future... driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
stewteral
QUOTE(treborzerimar @ Dec 30 2010, 07:47 AM) *

This is the year I vow to drive & enjoy the car more, avoiding those "improvement projects" that keep the car on jacks for three times longer than planned.

LOL: You TOO have learned 'Finagle's Constant" as it applies to Auto Repair: Estimate the TTR (Time to Repair) and multiply by 3 or maybe the SQUARE of the
original estimate.

Happy New Year,
Terry
72914S
The engine is installed( Thanks Joe, smilie_pokal.gif aka "Red Neck Racer") Put the tweeked D-jet F.I.together, reassemble the interior, hook all the wires back up.etc. etc. and DRIVE it. driving.gif Lose 35 Lbs(me) not the car.
qa1142
Ok, let's start with parts I have bought and paid for
1) Install the 5 lug conversion from the '74 911T parts I restored.
new rotors and rebuilt calipers from Eric on all 4 corners smile.gif
2) Install oil cooler setup - Setrab
3) Install chrome bumpers piratenanner.gif
4) Re-check front a-arm bushings while doing above
5) Install Euro tale lights when they come

Ok, now not purchased
1) have second set of 5 lug rims ready for some stickys. Need ~ $1K for Hooser's
2) That would need heavier torsion bars and rear springs
3) Targa top seals, all seals for that matter

Anyone want to come lay on a cold floor and help? happy11.gif
FourBlades
Drive the Rockin 914 at Sebring!

Get my IMSA 914 restoration done.

Get my driver 914 restored and sold.

Find an early 911 to restore.

John

Click to view attachment
AndyB
To not drive Chris crazy with all my dumbass questions. And to not take part in polls. Oh man screwed that one up already.
Andyrew
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 31 2010, 11:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 31 2010, 09:00 AM) *

Oh and paint it.

Yea! first.gif I think you should take it to WCR 2011... I see a caravan in the future... driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

WCR 11 is only going to happen if I get a raise... And thats not going to happen (Economy is bad for new construction....) sad.gif

However I DO want to do more local events, even if it isnt in the 914. The CRX is a fun car to drive!
Elliot Cannon
Drive this one more.
Elliot Cannon
And sell this one.
dw914er
Drive my car more, and attend WCR 2011. It will be my graduation present to myself, but it'll be fun to get the car in a new state. Also just gotta keep it running, and hopefully daily drive it again because I sure do miss when I did that when I was in high school.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(treborzerimar @ Dec 30 2010, 07:47 AM) *

Eventually you will have gone through the car thouroughly and that problem will cease and desist! Been there done that, felt that, said that, swore that.. but the 914 is alot like screwing a Gorilla, Your done when the Gorilla Says your done..

(Just when you thought you were good to go, your stub axle comes off. blink.gif ; back to the driveway)

You will get there, took me 21/2 years of weekly projects that took longer than they should because of money, or learning curve. But now it is sweet, I get to wash and wax; oil and valves.. I actually bought an air freshener and nothing else yesterday, puts a smile on my face and wallet...

merry x-mas/happy new year, Joe
silver74insocal
"but the 914 is alot like screwing a Gorilla, Your done when the Gorilla Says your done.."

lol-2.gif that is f%cking classic

av-943.gif DAve
McMark
Easy Three... sunglasses.gif

1. Finish the Limo before WCR.
2. Drive my car before 2012.
3. Work hard.
nsr-jamie
Pass the Japanese certification process once and for all so I can finally get my own plates instead of temp ones all the time. Plus I want to finish tuning up my suspension and work out a few more small problems. Happy New Year!!
J P Stein
Every winter for 10-12 years. I will not do it again.....unless there is a (very) large monetary windfall. biggrin.gif the first pic was taken 2-3 years into the process.
No pics of the start.....that took a year by itself.

It's up on blocks at Brit's house now.....the saga continues, but I'm a bit bored. biggrin.gif

The order got jumbled up somehow, sorry
swl
Nice jackstands! But how the heck do you get them under the car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.