Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bee Jay's new toy, warning, it's not a Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bee Jay
First I bought this for myself for Christmas, or let's just say, Santa brought it.
IPB Image
It's a very nice unit and has a 7/10 scale F430 steering wheel with functioning switches and buttons, etc. I only wish it had Force Feedback.

Then using a Sparco race seat that I took out of my Porsche, an old computer, an old 27" flat screen, and lots of 1"x1" square aluminum tubing, and some diamondplate, I built this race car simulator. I gotta do something when it's raining here in Cali.
IPB Image
IPB Image
It's a blast to drive. Right now I'm running F1 2002 and I'm Michael Shumacher of course. I'm told that there are newer and better driving games out for the PC now, so I need to do some shopping.
BTW Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Bee Jay
BuddyV
"when it's raining here in Cali" .... av-943.gif

You better watch what you say. The East coast guys might drive over here and drag us back east to show us some REAL weather.

Cool game-thing. I wish I were more into gaming. It looks like fun.

Cheers!
Cap'n Krusty
"Cali"? When did you move to Colombia? I've heard it rains small arms fire there .....................

The Cap'n
Brent
Nice setup. Race 914's with Forza Motorsports 3 on xbox 360.
zymurgist
smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot Cannon
We got my Son one of those when he was 5. The horn would beep and everything, he loved it. driving.gif lol-2.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, who needs to get laid anyway? poke.gif

It is cool
mikelsr
I understand. For Christmas my son bought me a wheel for the xbox and I already have two for the PC (g27 and g25). I run Forza 3 on the xbox and iRacing, Live for Speed, rFactor, GT Legends, F1 2010, GTR2, GTR Evo, and some others. Not real good at them but I have fun. Every couple of weeks I run an LFS server and some friends and I race

Mike
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 30 2010, 06:05 PM) *

The computer setup is cheaper, amortized over time...
ClayPerrine
Dude,
you are missing the racing harness. And you need to add a hotplate with a pan full of Castrol R simmering nearby.

Very cool setup. I just sit on the couch with the wheel in my lap when I play Forza 3.

dw914er
That is sweet!!!
dw914er
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Dec 30 2010, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 30 2010, 06:05 PM) *

The computer setup is cheaper, amortized over time...

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.