Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple Pic's in one Post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I've noticed that some members post multiple pic's in one post. For example; Siverson posted 11 pic's in one post re: his bumper. I however, can never upload more than 3 pic's per post. Even with the pix's reduced to 640 x 800. i.e.; if I want to include 9 pic's I will need to have 3 individual posts that contain 3 pic's each. WTF.gif What is the trick?
Spoke
To add multiple pics, simply click on the "Add this attachment", wait for the screen to update, then do it again with the next pic.

You can put words between them by clicking the "Add into Post" for each pic.
Eric_Shea
Or you can use "image tags" and the image information from another site. Right mouse click on the image from another site (E.G. Facebook) go to "Properties" and double click on the image URL. Copy that and past it between image "tags" as follows (no spaces):

[img ]http://yourimageurlinformationhere [/img]
76-914
QUOTE(Spoke @ Dec 31 2010, 07:19 AM) *

To add multiple pics, simply click on the "Add this attachment", wait for the screen to update, then do it again with the next pic.

You can put words between them by clicking the "Add into Post" for each pic.

Thanks Eric, I think this is what I am doing. I can put tons of pics in the "add attachment box" but can only "add into post" , 3 pic's. Then I get a msg telling me that I have exceeded the required space. Even though they are reduced to the smallest size on my camera. hissyfit.gif screwy.gif ar15.gif confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
It mostly comes down to the picture memory size not the image size. shrinking the pic to 600x480 can help but you really need to reduce the picture quality (pixels) to reduce the file size. See below, you can only post 500kb at a time... If you highlite the attachment box like I did here you can see your remaining file space left.

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Then I get a msg telling me that I have exceeded the required space

Image tags are the way around that...
McMark
Mike! Thanks for pointing out that problem with the grey skin. The other color skins can see that text without highlighting.

I really have to make time to redo all the forum skins.
Jeffs9146
When I save my photos to my HD I hit "save as" and it allows you to choose your quality on a scale. If you shrink it to 600x480 first and select 2-3 on the save as scale it will be around 50-100kb. The max you can post in one screen is 400kb so 8 photos at 50kb or less and 2 photos at 200kb!
tradisrad
Microsoft has an image resizer for free.
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 31 2010, 07:53 AM) *
Even though they are reduced to the smallest size on my camera.

And there's the rub ...

You need to reduce the DPI of your images to 72 dpi and if they are saved as JPEG files, you need to make sure the quality setting is no higher than 5 when you save them.
That will result in a much smaller file size thus allowing you to add more images into one single post.

shades.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Dec 31 2010, 10:57 AM) *

Microsoft has an image resizer for free.

You can also Google for IRFANVIEW & download it for free, then use that to downsize a copy of your hi-rez pix to whichever size you want (e.g.: 500kb / 10 = 50kb +/- each). It's easy to use & has other photo functions which the Microsoft resizer does not.
76-914
beerchug.gif A million "thank you's" to all that responded. So clearly, that I even understand. I'll save this thread as a reference until I get the hang of it. So many different ways, too! This is like a new toy to me. I'll try all of them. OH, BTW
HAPPY NEW YEARS to ALL @ 914world[size=7]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.