Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaved door handle opening options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Alright guys, I will be returning here shortly. I found a 914 that I like and am gonna jump back into this. The body work is good and the one issue I have is that it has shaved door handles, but no opening mechanism installed yet. I have never dealt with this before. I am looking at electronic door poppers with remotes and a lot of the kits seem kinda "hokey". What companies have you guys had a good experience with? Any difficulty installing/rigging them up to work on these cars? Should I let an experienced shop do this? I am comfortable tearing these cars apart and cutting into them, but I don't want to botch this kind of install. I am figuring on using an FIA kill switch mounted on the engine lid grill with a positive/neg output receptacle just in case the battery dies, in order to jump it for power.

Any good companies for kits?

Difficulty with install?

Anyone have pics of an install?

THANKS!!!

-Jared
Mike Bellis
I would just buy new doors and restore the stock latches. If you must keep the shaved look, most hot rod solenoids will work. You just connect to the stock rod and pull. On the 914, the door lock is just extended movement of the rod. I don't think it will interfere. keep the interior handles in place so you can get out if the solenoid breaks.
DrifterJay
I agree, but the quarter panel has been shaved as well and done very cleanly. So I will keep it and yes, keep the inner handle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.