Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front End / Bump Steer - part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
With help from Mikester, we got under the teener today and had a look around. Removed the cover below the rack and pushed and pulled and examined and here's what we found.

It seems like the car is lowered almost as low as it can go. About a 1/4 left. So i am sure I am having some bump steer feedback. Think I'll see what PP has to help correct this.

The rubber covers on the end of the tie rods are shot on both sides. Prolly gonna get the trubo tie rods.

Lastly, and this is where we need some help, we pushed on the ends of the torsion bars on both sides. There was play in them. You know where the bolt to lower the front is, well I was able to move that whole assembly up and down about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Not sure if this is normal, so I am looking for some guidance here.

Thanks again for all your help.

- Joe
'73 1.7 Signal Orange
Aaron Cox
you were able to move the torsion bar? or the front suspension pices that bolts on to the car?

where the wheels hanging? or were they on ramps?

ok... reread your post, there is a little play in the "end cap" of the torsion bar, if the lowering bolt had no tension on it, it could move a little.
Eric_Shea
Normal wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.