Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You can find some ugly work when you go looking...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TargaToy
I was in my car today using Aircraft Remover to remove the layers of carpet glue, paint, tar, etc on the driver's side long. There's been a suspicious area of hard black goop in both rear corners I suspected were masking something (signs of some hamfisted repairs) but they were sound and I hadn't gotten to explore until today.

It took several applications of the remover to get the first layer of black stuff off and then what was coming off was green. What? Body filler?! To top it off, my chisel wouldn't slide nicely through the stuff. It kept catching. What I found is a real head scratcher.

This panel was welded in by somebody and you can see the work isn't the nicest. Still haven't figured out what the point of the repair was.

Click to view attachment
silver74insocal
some roid head PO ripped the ebrake mount out confused24.gif

ok now for some real responses popcorn[1].gif
bandjoey
rusted out seat belt attachment replaced?
TargaToy
The inside of the E-brake tunnel (pictured) is smooth as a baby's butt. No rippage as I also suspected.

I don't think it was a belt anchor issue either because I have the outer long of and I made a new belt anchor with a new nut--not because it was buggered up (the belt was attached when I got the car) but because the metal the nut was fastened two was a bit thin for my liking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.