Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a photo-floor vinyl installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
I got a new carpet kit with the floor vinyl. Well I lost the pieces of vinyl. Could someone post a picture of the pieces installed so I can cut new pieces to install.

Thanks everyone. beer.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Jan 1 2011, 05:30 PM) *

I got a new carpet kit with the floor vinyl. Well I lost the pieces of vinyl. Could someone post a picture of the pieces installed so I can cut new pieces to install.

I'm only about 10 minutes from you if you want to check out the carpet in my 76..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Do you mean the floor pan tar kit? There is an illistration of the six pieces on our website.

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Jan 1 2011, 06:30 PM) *

ellisor3
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2011, 10:20 AM) *

Do you mean the floor pan tar kit? There is an illistration of the six pieces on our website.

George,

I mean the four?? vinly pieces that go in the floor between the front and rear carpet pieces, under the seats.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
I finally woke up and recognized what you meant.
No we do not have the pattern for these on our site but plenty of the stuff used. Basically it goes over the crossmember around the rake and slightly up the sides and down and on to the floor. The side pieces do about the same going under the center tray and onto the floor to the edge of the seat hinge stand.
Of course the 75 76 models had none at all just flat black paint (I guess it saved about a dollar a car on the assembly line, so 4100 dollars saved in 1976 and about 11000 dollars saved in 1975!!!!!

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Jan 3 2011, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2011, 10:20 AM) *

George,

I mean the four?? vinly pieces that go in the floor between the front and rear carpet pieces, under the seats.

detoxcowboy
Just an assist. I lost my orignals as well. If you take out your seats and center box you will see that there is really only so much material you can place there before you run into or under (carpet/seat rails ect.), and what is going to have to be cut around or made cut out for ( seat belts/ parking brake release button/ seat height notch thingys/ door on the rear of center tunnel ect.). Just meaure the length of the humps to the point where they start to where the intended vinyl would either go under your center box or be stoped by your fire wall/backpad. Then measure the width of the area of the hump itself (hump hieght on 2 sides and its width plus a little extra to run under the carpet and under seats). You will end up with 4 rectangles of vinyl ( guessing about 24" x 5") that of which 2 go in front of the seats and the other 2 go on the sides of center tunnel in between the passenger and drivers seats. Lay them out with glue, cut out for areas which will be obvious as mentioned above using a razor blade, and trim the excess....done!!

Or just buy the kit from Appearance and Performance, which is cut to length and width but still needs a little cutting out here and there..
dem
I found this link when I was searching about redoing my interior. It has some pictures of the floor vinyl placement. I personally added another section around the e-brake area, because the aftermarket carpet kits don't cover as much as the factory.

Linky link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.