Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price check.....please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DanT
what are these going for these days...?
thanks biggrin.gif
SD914
I asssume there are 4 rims. If these are real original Fuchs with the symbol of a fox casted on back then they are worth at least $1000 to $1200 in a good market economy. you may have to adjust your price lower to sell them quicker.

Mike
DanT
Just the two 7x16s...as in the pics
no Fox on these, they are original Porsche wheels with Porsche 911 part #s on the back side.
hot_shoe914
I didn't see a fox on the 4 I have for sale either but do have the 911 part number. I will have to check mine again for this elusive fox. Wish the paint was as good on mine as it is on yours. Very nice looking rims you have there.
DanT
Don't worry Shoe....there is no Fox on the back of Porsche specific wheels.
The old Fuchs 4 bolters were a VW part, so they had the Fox on the back.
914itis
look at these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...sQ5fAccessories
rfuerst911sc
$400.00 - $500.00 is a decent price for a pair of 7's. I'm no wheel expert but I have nine 5 spoke Fuch wheels in 911 + 944 offset and they ALL have the fox stamped on them.
sixaddict
The 16 X 7 wheels are hardly a sought after wheel. These look good but to me 200 per wheel would be more likely sale price and not a bad number for the seller. Don't kill the messenger !
Vysoc
Dan,

Go on E-Bay >Parts & Acc> Wheels> Porsche
Take a good look at the Fuchs for 911's on there. The wheels you have are in tremendous condition. I have been looking for a ET 10.6 - 16" x 8" or 9", set of 2 for months. I am going to have to spend upwards of $600.00 each. Yours have good value and there is interest out there. Just spend some time looking through the tires they should be worth at least $750 for the pair in that condition.

2cents,

Vysoc confused24.gif
DanT
part # 911.361.020 AS 10.62 since it is hard to read off the pic I posted smile.gif
BKLA
Dan -

Your wheels appear very clean and original. Last year I tried to sell a set of refurbished ( painted & polished lip - done by skips wheelworks) 16 x 7's that I had redone. I figured $250/wheel plus the cost of refurbishment ($175/wheel).

I had zero interest at that price. I had a couple of offers in the $1000 range though...

$350 ea. minimum - good clean 7's are getting harder to find.

I'm sitting on mine until I find the right project.
DanT
Brett,
I have considered keeping these in case I ever convert to 5 lug...and use them on the rear. My fenders are pulled enough I think they will fit. Years ago on my 6 I ran 7x15 rears on track and 7x16s rear with street tires...and that was a narrow bodied car.

maybe I should just do that and sell off the 9 polished 4bolt Fuchs I have.... blink.gif
BKLA
Personally, I think the 7's look the best on a narrow 914. The right proportions, IMHO. Rolled fenders clear with 205's. Lowered, minimal street legal, small displacement 914 6 is what I'd like to do. A simple "Outlaw" style (semi rat rod) 914.

Mine will sit on the shelf til I find the right tub and the Econ gets better for us architects!
DanT
this had a 2.7RS motor in it, but I have had thoughts of doing a small 6 running 7s and 205s all around on narrow body.
In this pic it had 7x16s on the rear
sixaddict
I have 7 X16 all four corners ....205 55 up front and 225 50 in the rear with work on fenders but still narrow...and subtle. Probably a little tight for street car . On refinshing wheels Al Reed is much more reasonable than what I believe you stated as cost. TOT
BKLA
Dan -

Love that look!

How was the handling and acceleration on a narrow body with the 2.7?

My 2.7 that I acquired from billd has too much torque and HP for a narrow body IMHO. but I love it with wider wheels and tires.

I just started to put together a 2.4 with E cams that I acquired from another world/club member.

You always have the coolest cars!!!
DanT
thanks Brett,
that car was a rocket!

handled great....had short 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears in the tranny...needed limited slip biggrin.gif
Custom valved Bilsteins, 21mm front tbars with 22mm sway bar, 200# rear springs. Ran it on 205s all around the first year, then went with 225s on 7s the rest of the time.
won my class 4 years in a row in GGR TT series (ran against cars with motors up to 3.2L) and one year in GGR AX series (only seriously AXed it the one year)

should have never sold that one sad.gif

Here is a pic of the car the first year when running 6x15s with 205 Yoko A032Rs
On grid at Buttonwillow raceway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.