Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
1975 2.0

Adding a two pole transmitter to sense Oil pressure...
Want to keep light and add indicator...

1. Run new wire direct from transmitter to light in multifunction indicator in dash...

2. Use existing wire from old bulb (now new transmitter) to indicator in console...

3. Putting motor back together after overhaul, what to do with GR/BK wire from large connector on relay board to old bulb (Pin #1), bundled into the harness...

4. Currently, it's just laying on top of the motor with no home...Will not reach the new mounting for the transmitter, plus I don't think I need it...DO I ???

5. Two Poles on the new transmitter (G & WK), which one goes to indicator and which one goes to light...

Thanks,

2-OH!
Dave_Darling
G == Gauge
WK == Warning Light

I suggest using the wire to the old light and hooking that up to the WK pole of the new sender. That way you aren't changing the meaning of the wire, and you don't have to f--k with the other end of it. If the old wire doesn't reach, make a new one. An insulated female spade connector (maybe with some shrink-tubing on it) should work to plug into the end of the old wire, then crimp a ring terminal onto the other end to slip over the post of the new sender.

And that should be the green/red wire. The green/black one should be on the underside of the motor, as it's the wire from the oil temp sender down in the sump.

Run a new wire through the wiring harness for your pressure gauge. It's nice to have connectors you can unplug somewhere near where the stock ones do.

--DD
2-OH!
Thanks Dave...You are right again...

2-OH!
Dave_Darling
Hey, I'm real good on the stuff that I've screwed up in the past.... wink.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.