Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new Triad exhaust!Happy new year to my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
speed metal army
I recieved this on thursday.As much as my 2 yr old like riding it around the house,it had to be installed.
IPB Image
The old lump!
IPB Image
The new,installed! smile.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
This thing sounds f$%#ing great.Love it.Looks cool too!Nice job Triad Dave!It also fit like a charm and was installed in about 10 mins. aktion035.gif
silver74insocal
smilie_pokal.gif im extremely jealous it looks great congrats
speed metal army
Hey thanks!I need to open up the new notch in the valence I made,so it matches the original better.I just had to bolt er up to see it!Tomorrow.... smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif I love Triad's drooley.gif

Plus Dave is a great guy. aktion035.gif
maf914
That Triad looks good. Congratulations! I didn't know Dave made them for 75-76 model heat exchangers, but it's good that he does.

I must say that I am surprised your original system is still intact, especially in a snow climate. I'm in the south east US and had replaced the secondary muffler twice on my 76 model before doing a 74 exhaust backdate using SS heat exchangers and a Bursch quiet exhaust in the mid 90's. I've noticed that the 75-76 muflers have been NLA for quite a few years.
Rod
Don't they sound great! I love my Triad - looks awesome too, It's funny how a different sound can make you enjoy a car more - it's a bit like showing off, but it also works for me.

MikeM
Actually, I find mine a little loud for my liking. I find myself wondering what a new Dansk would have sounded like!!
It is a work of art however...
speed metal army
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jan 2 2011, 01:34 PM) *

That Triad looks good. Congratulations! I didn't know Dave made them for 75-76 model heat exchangers, but it's good that he does.

I must say that I am surprised your original system is still intact, especially in a snow climate. I'm in the south east US and had replaced the secondary muffler twice on my 76 model before doing a 74 exhaust backdate using SS heat exchangers and a Bursch quiet exhaust in the mid 90's. I've noticed that the 75-76 muflers have been NLA for quite a few years.

Ive only had mine for a bit...Imported from OR.Also,it doesnt see the rain,let alone the snow!It sits under its cover in my shop. smile.gif The stock setup has a couple of cracks tho..
AndyB
SMA are you running a 2.0 or a 1.8?
EdwardBlume
Very cool. Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif
speed metal army
QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Jan 3 2011, 02:59 AM) *

SMA are you running a 2.0 or a 1.8?

a 2.0.
mwyatt
I got mine a few months ago. Really impressed with the quality.
PlaysWithCars
Been running one on my 2.0 for about 9yrs. Absolutely love it. As far as noise: great sound! Gives it a bit of a deeper throatier sound, but no resonance at cruise speeds. I held off getting an aftermarket system until I found the Triad because of my experiences with cruise resonance on the other systems.

And I swear I picked up noticeable mid-range power too.
skota
very nice, looks great! shades.gif
Drums66
....Looks cool, I'm thinking of going that route? idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif(dig your kid's cosmic ride!LOL)
mojorisen914
I have the same set up as you. I will agree it is a little on the louder side but I really love to wake up my neighbors early in the morning..... av-943.gif
Actually, they don't care.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.