Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Konis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
Started working on a teener I got for free. Its up on stands and I'm stripping it ready for blast.

Took off the struts and shocks and found these. I'll need to take the spings off the rears to see if they are good but i think the fronts may be pooched.

I found a thread from a while ago about TSM Enchanced in AZ. and a reasonable rebuild cost. Anyone else been there? Surfing their site, I see konis on the shelf disassembled. http://www.tsmenhanced.net/index.htm

Click to view attachment

The 'crimped' on top part of this one is leaking and i can spin it huh.gif

Click to view attachment
cwpeden
PS: I'll let ya know when I find the good stuff......
rnellums
I sent mine off to TSM last spring. I got them back pretty quick and it was only slightly more than on the web post. I had two orange koni classic rears rebuilt. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether they still remain adjustable. That said Mine work Great!
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
I did the painting work myself, and new stickers are available from most mustang restoration sites.
Eric_Shea
Good haul... and good work on that paint job. Yes, they're still adjustable. From my experience, you'll want to set them on full soft for the street. This will give you a firm "European" ride.

All Koni stickers are available from Koni NA as well.
silver74insocal
nevermind the koni's...you got a free car!!! biggrin.gif how do i get a free car?
cwpeden
Its not really free. Its about 95% the rest is rust.....I'll start a build thread when I get into it further.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.