Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JoeSharp
Gentlemen, this is what I propose.
I would like to do the Awards for the event. I would do basically do what we had for 09. Except, I will not be doing the R/C cars unless someone wants to pay for them. I managed to get the vendors to pay for them.
Best of Show
Best -6
Best -6 Female
Best-4
Best -4 Female
Best Conversion
Best Non NARP
Best Paint
Best Engine Bay
Best Interior
Best Patina (I used Best Preserved, but Lisa got 50% of the votes so I've changed the title)
Best Supporting Actress
Most Potential
Long Distance Driver
Long Distance Traveler
That Guy (We have been doing this award at some of the events, I'm not sure if we should)

And Recognition Plaques for the supporting staff.
I think it would be nice if we could recognize Lisa, she must be doing 8 or 9 thousand birthday greetings annually by now. I'll send her a PM to find out if she will be able to made the trip this year.

I would Love to do more awards as the more we put out there the more people come home with something. So use your imagination and add more classes.
At this point I have enough Oak to do plaques of the above so the only thing that should cost is the engraving.
Speaking of the coast. The R/C cars were over $400, Lisa's was about $60 and I would be happy to cover Hers as I will do something special for her. I would like to do something about the coast of the engraving, we can work it out when we find out much it coasts. As I recall the engraving for 32 awards we gave out were $239.
There are some rules that go with this and I will get into that latter.
So, I need your input here, I realize that this is a lot of stuff but The Awards Ceremony is one of the most important parts of the event. Getting called up in front of the group is a rush that should be shared by all. The more people we recognize the more people go home happy.

Sorry about the extra long winded post.

Joe
JoeSharp
Excues me but I totally forgot about this having a race and that is another set of awards.
Some questions about that.
Of course TTOD.
Do we class cars?
If so how many awards per class?
Should we have an award for Best Race Car in the Show and Shine?
montoya 73 2.0
Joe, I agree with you on recognition for Lisa and the site supporting staff.

I was talking with Dan Dixon (Danno55) and he had volunteered to help with the awards.

RRC10 Keychains

He should be weighing in here soon. I am thinking he may be able to do some engraving?
I personally can help you out with some funds if you need for any materials. Let me know Joe.
JRust
I agree the more people that go home with things the better. I think that is enough awards to vote on though. We will have plenty of door prizes for everyone to get something. So I don't think we need to add more except for the AutoX. I'll start another thread for the AutoX planning.

On the prizes. Joe did I understand you allready bought the RC cars? If you are allready putting money out for awards we need to plan for that. I don't expect that to come out of your pocket. While we don't have funds coming in yet. If you put money out you will be reimbursed. We need to discuss money being spent for WCR. I am happy to have you take care of the awards. I know as Drew said Dan Dixon volunteered his help with awards too. I'd like to have a WCR keychain for all registered participants.

JoeSharp
Thanks Guys. I have no money in any of the this. The wood I will be using has been up in my rafters for many years. I would only build the cars if we get sponsors for them and we might have a hard time getting the bodies for them. So R/C cars are a stretch at the least. So, I have no plans to do R/C Cars.
JRust
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jan 2 2011, 03:33 PM) *

Thanks Guys. I have no money in any of the this. The wood I will be using has been up in my rafters for many years. I would only build the cars if we get sponsors for them and we might have a hard time getting the bodies for them. So R/C cars are a stretch at the least. So, I have no plans to do R/C Cars.

Ah cool! The R/C cars are cool but I think we can have nice awards without them. So the Plaques will take care of that then? Besided the engraving maybe Dan will have something that could go on them too? We shall see but thanks for stepping up & volunteering to do the plaques. This is going to be great
JoeSharp
I am sorry but do to personal reasons I will not be able to provide this event with the trophies. It has nothing to do with you guys here on this committee. If any of you are ever in the area Please call and get together with me, 714-847-8002.
Mark: I need a favor, I tried to remove my e-mail address from my info but could not figure it out. Could you please remove. I don't want that info left here.
Thank you all for the good times we have had and keep up the excellent work you are doing
Joe
montoya 73 2.0
Sorry to hear that Joe. Thank you for all you have done and I enjoyed your company at WCR2010. Your a great guy!

Did we (the site) just lose Joe?

Could it possibly have anything to do with this? Black list thread
Jakeodoule
Ok I'll take care of the Awards.
I handled trophies for our roadrace club for 7 years so I think I can handle it.
110 trophies 6 times a year!

However I don't think everyone should get an award.
I think the more doorpizes the better, but I think the award list Joe had is a bit much. What say you?

Here is what I propose.
Best of Show
Best -6
Best-4
Best Conversion
Best un-restored
Best in progress
Longest Distance
That Guy

Not sure how many you need for the AX?
Also do we need awards for the people that put on the WCR? I don't.
Before I can do anything I need a budget???
Sooner the better.
JRust
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Mar 9 2011, 09:25 AM) *

I handled trophies for our roadrace club for 7 years so I think I can handle it.

I think the more doorpizes the better, but I think the award list Joe had is a bit much. What say you?

Here is what I propose.
Best of Show
Best -6
Best-4
Best Conversion
Best un-restored
Best in progress
Longest Distance
That Guy

Sooner the better.

Sounds great if you can take the trophies on. I am fine with a few less & what you listed above. As far as a budget for them what did you do for your road race club? Is $200 realistic for all 8 awards? I don't think any of us needs an award for getting the WCR organized. I could care less about that. I just want people there & to have another great 914 weekend. So to be as precise as I can John!

I agree with your list of awards above. I am good with you spending up to $200 on the awards. I will work that into the budget. If you need more please let me know! Did I do better at answering your question this time biggrin.gif
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 9 2011, 12:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Mar 9 2011, 09:25 AM) *

Here is what I propose.
Best of Show
Best -6
Best-4
Best Conversion
Best un-restored
Best in progress
Longest Distance
That Guy

Sooner the better.

Sounds great if you can take the trophies on. I am fine with a few less & what you listed above. As far as a budget for them what did you do for your road race club? Is $200 realistic for all 8 awards? I don't think any of us needs an award for getting the WCR organized. I could care less about that. I just want people there & to have another great 914 weekend. So to be as precise as I can John!

I agree with your list of awards above. I am good with you spending up to $200 on the awards. I will work that into the budget. If you need more please let me know! Did I do better at answering your question this time biggrin.gif

Yep! Except I need a list of the AX awards.

200 will be close. The engrave piece alone are 8 bucks each I think. I'll just order those on the internet. I will be making the trophies myself but I do have some shipping expenses for some parts I'm getting for free.
So there's 8 on the list.
How many AX?
I would say between $175 and $300 someplace, depending on how many AX

Does anyone have any clutch release forks lying around?
I need a few more.
Also anyone have a few Matchbox teeners they want to donate?
Need one of those for each trophy..
I have 7 but thats all I have.
These will be unique trophies welder.gif

montoya 73 2.0
How many Matchbox cars do you need? No clutch forks but I got Matchbox.
JRust
I am sure I can supply some clutch forks. I'm not sure on the AutoX trophies. Maybe one for Top time of the day, overall winner & Best rookie? Not to sure on it but I think 2 or 3 trophies for the autoX is fine. I will plan on $300 for the trophies in our budget. Thanks for taking the awards on John on. I'll try to get Britains input on the autoX awards.

Hey John I am going down to the track next weekend. To check it out overall, meet with Drew & the guy from the track. I know it is a drive but you are welcome to come along if you have the time. Hopefully Britain can chime in with some thoughts on the autoX awards
Britain Smith
Awards for the AX depends on how we want to divide up the classes.

Here is one idea:

Conversion Car Class Winner
6-Cylinder Car Class Winner
4-Cylinder Car Class Winner

Not sure how to determine fastest rookie. We could do a people's choice or something.

-Britain
JRust
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Mar 10 2011, 03:37 PM) *

Awards for the AX depends on how we want to divide up the classes.

Here is one idea:

Conversion Car Class Winner
6-Cylinder Car Class Winner
4-Cylinder Car Class Winner

Not sure how to determine fastest rookie. We could do a people's choice or something.

-Britain

That sounds fine to me. Your right on the rookie thing. I was wondering on the classes too. I think the bulk of people going could care less about it. I think many of them may be tough to even get on the track. I think having plenty of fun run time for them should cover it confused24.gif . I'll lean on your expertise there though. Haven't been to enough of them personally to really have a feel for how to do it.
Britain Smith
This was a huge competition back when it was the West Coast Classic days. Not sure how this crowd is though.
McMark
I can engrave/sandblast/etch mugs or pint glasses, if you'd like. I'll probably do some for door prizes as well.
JRust
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 11 2011, 11:19 AM) *

I can engrave/sandblast/etch mugs or pint glasses, if you'd like. I'll probably do some for door prizes as well.

Obviously we will take all the prizes we can get. If you want to encorporate them into awards get with John. I'm not sure what he has in mind but he may figure a way to use them. We appreciatte all your input & help Mark biggrin.gif
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 11 2011, 12:19 PM) *

Cool offer! Thanks! Those are really nice mugs.
I would say lets do as many as you like for door prizes. People got those last year as trophies. So I'm thinking something different for this year.
Can you also engrave the standard trophy plates? 1x8 or whatever?
What about a bottle? Like the bigger bottle of champagne?
One of those etched would be cool for the fast time at the AX

I got a trophy like that some years ago roadracing and its still one of the coolest I have. Custom 4 color label and an etching on the neck.

For the other show and shine awards I am still working on it.

Costs should be a bit cheaper than I said. The engraving plates are pretty cheap.
McMark
I can engrave anything that will fit in my bead blaster. I just have to cut a vinyl sticker to mask off the portions to be 'untouched' then give it a quick squirt of glass bead, and then pull all the masking off and clean up.
Jakeodoule
Ok before I build 8 of these, what do you guys think?
The best in show will use the Lesney car. the rest will be green as I have 10 or so of em.
I was going to put a thick wood base under it.
On the base will be the engraved plate that says best in show or whatever.
Please be honest! I don't want to build em and give em out if they stink. I'll order something from a trophy shop if need be.
I would rather not ask the general membership as its just too many opinoins.

If they are ok I need like 4 more clutch arms and could use any and all bad gears anyone has. Dr. Evil is prepared to send me some gears, but he has no arms.
So what do you think?
Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Dude, That is awesome!!! I would proudly display that. I like it!!! A wood base would be to soft for all that metal gear action!
Britain Smith
That's pretty cool.

-Britain
JRust
I like it first.gif . Run with it John & thanks for taking the awards on. I'll see how many clutch arms I've got John. 4 should be doable & some gears shouldn't be a problem. I will be heading up to Kent WA friday for a track meet for my girls on saturday. If you wanted to maybe meet me in route I could give them to you. My time on friday heading up will be limited. Otherwise I would drive by your place. I'm not sure on the time as I'll be picking my kids up in Astoria & heading North from there.
McMark
Those are AWESOME! Just pick up the engraved plates and epoxy them to the clutch fork.

smilie_pokal.gif
JRust
Met John briefly tonight to give him the clutch forks I had. He will need more clutch forks & gears. We should have plenty for him after the tranny clinic in may.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.