Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB wiper rack rubber mount to bulkhead..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
detoxcowboy
Wanted to Buy!!

The rubber mount on the wiper rack that goes to the bulk head. What am I talking about? It is the rubber mount/buffer that connects to the rear of wiper rack and then connects to the bulkhead. It is approx 2" long rubber with 6mm threads on each side. It mounts to the rear of wiper rack then connect to the bulk head though bolted under the dash. These are always broken; ... Currrently I am using a fuel pump mount but would like to get the original if possible.. This week if possible as I have cause to pull the gas tank this week and that is the best time to anything and everything possible while in there.. Joe
914LIVE
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jan 2 2011, 08:41 AM) *

Wanted to Buy!!

The rubber mount on the wiper rack that goes to the bulk head. What am I talking about? It is the rubber mount/buffer that connects to the rear of wiper rack and then connects to the bulkhead. It is approx 2" long rubber with 6mm threads on each side. It mounts to the rear of wiper rack then connect to the bulk head though bolted under the dash. These are always broken; ... Currrently I am using a fuel pump mount but would like to get the original if possible.. This week if possible as I have cause to pull the gas tank this week and that is the best time to anything and everything possible while in there.. Joe

I have a few PERFECT ones.

Let me find them and report back.

Thank you, TOMAS.

Struck out with 914Live, PM'ed rdauenhauer.

Anybody Else Holding?

icon_bump.gif
chrispy
I just made my own.
two 6mm bolts
shot piece of heater hose (that bolt heads fit into firmly)
silicone
put glob of silicone into center of heater hose, slide bolt heads in till
contact with silicone and thread is sticking out proper length,
make sure studs are straight and top off with silicone...good luck
914Sixer
They are NLA from Porsche. Eric Shea found a new one that was similar from McMaster-Carr.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(chrispy @ Jan 3 2011, 10:36 PM) *

I just made my own.
two 6mm bolts
shot piece of heater hose (that bolt heads fit into firmly)
silicone
put glob of silicone into center of heater hose, slide bolt heads in till
contact with silicone and thread is sticking out proper length,
make sure studs are straight and top off with silicone...good luck

interesting? thanks for the share. I am using a fuel pump mount but it is half as long as the orginal bushing, I di find last night another fuel pump mount that is studless so I could now potentially screw 2 together., But I wuld need to buy that one $18 and another with studs $16 and still do not know what that will leave me with other than $34 + shipping in the hole... and proud owner of 2 porsche fuel pump mounts that may work..
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 4 2011, 05:47 AM) *

They are NLA from Porsche. Eric Shea found a new one that was similar from McMaster-Carr.

I will check it out, and or contact Eric.. Joe
detoxcowboy
Still looking, still wanting to buy...don't be shy! bye1.gif
detoxcowboy
Eric Shea! Saved the day!! Thanks everyone !! Especially Eric.. wub.gif
mcbrems
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jan 4 2011, 11:57 AM) *

Could you elaborate? I am looking for the exact same item. Is it McMaster- Carr?

MarkB
kconway
I got some from McMaster-Carr, try here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#vibration-isolators/=ar0qar
detoxcowboy
Damn, I have had my gas tank out twice since I posted this.. basicall what is getting used inplace of, and you can get them at pelican parts.. is an equivalent of a fuel pump mount, must have m6 threads.. works great,
detoxcowboy
Basically that was what I was using but had m5 threads, no good.. searched for an alternative and wound up with more or less the same .. a fuel pump mount with m6 threads, it will be shorter than the original mount but will work and out lasat the original.. done with it.,.
jaxdream
I could be wrong ( first time ?? ) but IIRC there was a thread back a ways that mentioned something to the effect that the VW bus ( what year ?? ) used the same wiper mount as the 914 and was still available from vw suppliers , be worth a look . Good luck ...

Jack / Jaxdream
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(mcbrems @ Jan 25 2011, 04:22 PM) *

Could you elaborate? I am looking for the exact same item. Is it McMaster- Carr?

MarkB

basically it is a fuel pump mount/isolator with 6mm threads on each end..
Click to view attachment
mcbrems
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jan 29 2011, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(mcbrems @ Jan 25 2011, 04:22 PM) *

MarkB

Click to view attachment

I ended up making my own. One with a larger diameter hose that allowed stuffing the heads of each 6mm bolt to be stuffed inside, and then sealed with silicon, and another with a smaller diameter hose (closer to the original size) that required cutting the heads from the bolts. The bolts are separated in the hose with a buffer of silicon that was squirted into the middle of the hose. Image attached.
IPB Image
matteyp
Wow thats seriously genius....you guys are like scientists i swear lol
detoxcowboy
Thats is creative!
mcbrems
Click to view attachment
[/quote]

Pelican lists it as a Carrera oil cooler mount. It took effing forever to find searching for "fuel pump mount." wacko.gif
Part #: 999-703-323-00-M260
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...98%29%2C%20Each

Also, here is a possible substitute from McMaster-Carr:

High-Temperature Vibration-Damping Sandwich Mounts
Style 6 - 8mm Metric thread - Part# 4403K85
Style 8 - 6mm metric thread Part# 20125K67
http://www.mcmaster.com/#vibration-isolators/=be6lcv

Style 9 - 6mm Metric thread - Part# 20125K66
This might be better since it has a female on one side that could be fastened from the inside of the bulkhead. The double studded config is hard to get into position when mounting the motor. Also not sure if the "extra soft" makes a difference. I've ordered a couple to see if they'll work.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#vibration-isolators/=be6pa6

MarkB
http://914electric.wordpress.com
Eric_Shea
These need to be 1.5" long so...

(1) 9232K15 Natural Rubber Vibration Damping Sandwich Mnt Male/Female, M6 Thread, 3/4" H, 1" W

-and-

(1) 9217K35 Natural Rubber Vibration Damping Sandwich Mnt Male/Male, M6 Thread, 3/4" H, 1" W

Screw the two together and use loctite on the threads and you're done.

The problem is, when you search the entire McMaster.com catalog for these units in M6 they only go up to 1" max. Solution, get a male/female 3/4" and a male male 3/4" and you're done.
76-914
how bout these; 8-32 SAE thd
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpa...hockmounts3.php
Eric_Shea
A little short but might work. I'm not up on the thread and size. What does the 8-32 translate to in metric?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 9 2012, 05:40 PM) *

A little short but might work. I'm not up on the thread and size. What does the 8-32 translate to in metric?

8-32 is .143" dia. or about 3.5 mm
Sounds too small compared to the 6mm stock part.
Chris Pincetich
Dude, this thread is a keeper beerchug.gif
I was SO CAREFUL while removing the wiper assembly for rebuild because I did not want to replace that part. I even glued the cracks on it before re-installing the 30 year old original part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.