Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: June 24th- Friday WCR 2011 AutoX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JRust
Okay we need to get an idea how the AutoX is going to go. I would like to have one of our AutoX Vets take the lead on this. This is meant to be a day of fun for all. While obviously safety is important & our first priority. It would be great to get everyone out on the track for some fun. Meaning those that could care less about autoX or points. Will want to get out there & have some fun. So while we want it organized well. We want the focus to be on every 914 to get on the track. I am open to you Vets expertise in how it should go. Just want to make sure there is plenty of open track time for those that aren't your typical AutoX people biggrin.gif . Okay so there you go. I'd like have a good 3 of you AutoX vets plan this if possible.
Britain Smith
I am here to lend a hand. I have driven an event at the Medford track and they did things a little bit differently than most AX venues. What is the organization of the event? Are we there by ourselves or is this in conjunction with another club? Do we have timing equipment?

-Britain
JRust
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Jan 2 2011, 07:14 PM) *

I am here to lend a hand. I have driven an event at the Medford track and they did things a little bit differently than most AX venues. What is the organization of the event? Are we there by ourselves or is this in conjunction with another club? Do we have timing equipment?

-Britain

Yes we have another club that will be helping. We will have there equipment & I believe someone there to run it (there equipment). I am sure staffing the corners/cones will be all on us. Most likely setting up the track to although I am sure he will be happy to give suggestions there. I think it is the MR2 group we are pairing up with. Drew can pipe in on the SCCA group we are piggybacking on. Thanks for replying so quick. Can't wait to see the new Suby drivetrain on the track driving.gif .
Britain Smith
Actually, when I ran that track there were no corner workers and nothing to actually set-up. It is a go-kart track and you just go out and drive it....pretty simple actually.

If we have a choice, I would like to run the outer loop in the clockwise direction.

-Britain
montoya 73 2.0
jamie, we decided on friday the 24th of june correct? you have the 23rd on the description.

The people that will be helping with the equipment set up and running the timing equipment will be the "Siskyou Sports Car Club". They lease the track from the "Southern Oregon Karters Club". We will not be piggybacking, it is our track alone for the day. They are just there to help set up and run their equipment. We also will be using the car clubs insurance for the day.

If I recall correctly, the track rental for the day is 500 and the equipment/personnel is about 300. insurance for the one day is about 150.

Post #65 current status of cost for track until update in late January.

The above link is the original discussion for the date of Thursday 23rd (we rescheduled for the 24th). the numbers are still good for the one day event.
Britain Smith
Cool, then we are set. I met those guys, they are really nice.

Here is my run around:

Outside Car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AH9-yrEslE

Inside Car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT5WZY0XFQc

-Britain
JRust
Yeah Drew your right the 24th is the AutoX. I'll go change that. I apparantly suck at multi tasking sad.gif . Anyway yeah that is right. That will be nice to not have to have people out working corners. We have it for the day. If there isn't much setting up. Do you think we could run the track both the inner & outer loop? Guess ti really doesn't matter. It will be a blast either way
montoya 73 2.0
Flip a coin blink.gif or put it to a vote. driving.gif either way, it is going to be a fun day! biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
I vote Heads... biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
Does the SSCC have an event later that weekend?

-Britain
6freak
I will help ...i can do tech inspections ?if thats ok with everyone
montoya 73 2.0
At last notice, no one had requested that Saturday or Sunday. The Karter or the Car club Presidents will contact me when they finalize the schedule (end of this month). At that time I had asked them to let me know if that weekend was still left open. If only to use the parking lot as a get together spot or possibly for another day of racing. But, if we decide to use it (if open) the cost will go from 500 to 1000 for the track and the insurance will go from 150 to 300. Pretty much double all pricing.
Britain Smith
I was just inquiring if there was another club I could run with so that I can get two days of AX for the 5hr haul from Portland.

-Britain
montoya 73 2.0
*Update -

Just received a phone call from Dick Calhoun from the Car Club. They finalized the fees and they are as follows;

1. Track Fee - $500
2. Timing Equipment, facilities and a few Personnel - $300
3. One day of insurance - $175

Dick said they will need the check one week before the event at the latest. He also mentioned that the track rules are pretty much similar to all A/X rules and that he would like to get together and go over some other other things like the parking lot rules and such.
Britain Smith
That is reasonable.

How many people are we talking about attending and driving the AX day? 50? 100?

The entry fee should be something like $40 or so.

-Britain
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Feb 20 2011, 11:53 AM) *

That is reasonable.

How many people are we talking about attending and driving the AX day? 50? 100?

The entry fee should be something like $40 or so.

-Britain

$40, is that on top of the registration fee?

I also have some news on the lunch for Friday's AX event. The menu is as follows, but if anyone would like to change it let me know;

1. Pulled Pork sandwiches and/or grilled Chicken breast strips on a skewer.
2. Coleslaw
3. Beans
4. Garlic (french) bread

The price per head is being calculated at 50 people so far. I will give the numbers when I get them.
JRust
As far as how many people at the autoX? There will be more people watching than people driving I am sure. So far we have 25 plus cars for the weekend. I am sure there will be more. As far as fee's I am getting it all together now. Just need an idea on the food & we should have something together
McMark
No wine & cheese, Drew? av-943.gif
montoya 73 2.0
the wine & cheese will be on Saturday!
Britain Smith
How is the fees going to be structured? I only plan on being there on Friday for the AX...not going to pull my trailer up to Crater Lake again...been there, done that.

-Britain
JRust
I'm working on the registration. I don't want to encourage people to only go to one & not the other. Especially with the autoX there are plenty of people who might not show for that if we seperate it. I think maybe something a little unnoficial for those only coming for the autoX. Any suggestions there or thoughts?
McMark
I'm of the mind that these events are one price, take it or leave it. Breaking it into piecemeal parts makes the registration and accounting more complicated, encourages people to want more and more options (what's the price if I don't want a goodie bag? What if I have to leave on Saturday?), and it also discourages people from attending the whole event.
Britain Smith
How are you doing the registration? I can set something up on Motorsports Reg that would be very easy to handle the different iterations. I don't have a car to attend the Crater Lake tour and therefore will only be there on Friday.

-Britain

JRust
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 11 2011, 11:16 AM) *

I'm of the mind that these events are one price, take it or leave it. Breaking it into piecemeal parts makes the registration and accounting more complicated, encourages people to want more and more options (what's the price if I don't want a goodie bag? What if I have to leave on Saturday?), and it also discourages people from attending the whole event.

agree.gif . I don't want this to be more of a headache. Just wait until I have registration figured. I am meeting Drew at the track this weekend. I will have registration up next monday. I think you will be fine with the registration overall. It will include lunch & will be well worth the day. Love to see you stay with the family for the weekend Brit. What if I have a 914 for you to drive up to Crater lake?
montoya 73 2.0
You are the man Jamie! You can start a "rent a 914 for the weekend"?!
McMark
Jamie, do you need my help with the registration form & PayPal payment code? Or do you already have a plan in place? I don't wanna make things more complicated by coming in late, but if you need my help, I'm here.
JRust
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 14 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Jamie, do you need my help with the registration form & PayPal payment code? Or do you already have a plan in place? I don't wanna make things more complicated by coming in late, but if you need my help, I'm here.

Yes I will need your help setting it up. We have the paypal account. I know you had it set up last year. Thought we could use the same setup. Just changing a few things for us? Let me know what info you need Mark. Thanks
McMark
Okay, I'll add it to my list of things to do after work. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.