Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone going to the Monteray Historics?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
My wife surprised me with a trip to Monteray in August The weekend of the Historics. Anyone want to meet at Sly McFly's on Cannery Row? Any of you guy's in the Monteray area? driving.gif
Brad Roberts
I will be there. We could actually do a 914 meet down there that weekend. I know they normally have a corral for cars. We would have to look into now and contact the appropriate people to get a spot for "914's"

B
L8Apex
I'm probably going. I like watching racing in general. I totally missed out a few years back when Porsche was the marque.
rick 918-S
Who do we contact? I'm not a PCA member. Or were you referring to Laguna Seca people? Were flying in to Monteray Thursday August 14th 11 am. I'll have a rental car. Were staying on Cannery Row. I plan on going to The track on Saturday. We fly out on Sunday. It would be great to meet up with some of you over the weekend. I won't have the Alien this time. But like Dad Roberts Avatar keep checking your rear view mirror. cool_shades.gif
richardL
I'll be there.

Friday is best as its not at all crowded.

R
rick 918-S
We went two years ago when Bentley was the featured Marque. We had a rip roaring blast at Sly's if you know what I mean... Great Blues Band, great service. Ford is the feature this year. I need some advise or leads. My wife wants to do some Wine tasting one of the day's were there. Anyone done that before?
Let's see what the best day would be for a gathering. I really want to meet up with some of you.
fuch toy
Gonna camp or hotel it?
rick 918-S
We're booked in at the Spindrift Inn on Cannery Row.
aufaber
I'll be there.. Been the last 3 years.. Lotsa fun, there are a ton of car events in the area that weekend.

-Aaron G>
Brad Roberts
I just figured out who you where...

You still riding bikes ??

B
Britain Smith
I will be living in that by then and I will go to the event...Brad, can I get a spot for my 912?
fuch toy
I'm thinking of bringing my camper and a trailer with the Porsche......AND a beer keg and cooler.....
richardL
QUOTE(Zois @ Apr 12 2003, 09:17 AM)
I'm thinking of bringing my camper and a trailer with the Porsche......AND a beer keg and cooler.....

Camper spaces sell pretty quickly usually - you should book it soon if you want a good spot.

R
fuch toy
Is there a reservation link?
richardL
The best camping (IMHO) is the Premier at Turns 9/10/11. That appears to be sold out already, which is no surprise - its usually the same people who book year to year.

Link for tickets is:

https://www.redshift.com/~lagunaweb/tickets...le.php?number=6

General info: www.laguna-seca.com

HTH
Richard
PatW
Last year I flashed my PCA Card at the Porsche Tent. The guy behind counter had a e-mail sign up list for the car corral and tickets for something like 50$. It was sponsored by PCA Monterey Bay Region. I haven't heard anything back though. confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
Thanks Pat,

I'll try to contact them on Monday and find out what it is available.

B
rick 918-S
This is kind of a bump. I posted the same question on PP BBS had one response. I'm looking forward to meeting up with a few of you.
aufaber
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 11 2003, 11:49 PM)
I just figured out who you where...

You still riding bikes ??

B

Ya, that's my reliable transportation right now. Done a bike trackday at Buttonwillow now too.

914 is runnng again, but I need to replace the front main seal.

-Aaron G>
butch
I'll be there! Dunno which day, but I always like to see the 917's on Sunday...

Love to hang/ park with you guys...
Ferg
I'm trying to get out there for the historic's too. I have never been. It would be cool to meet up with you guys, even though I'll be in a rental car. Ferg.
butch
goodwood or monterey have got to be the best on the planet...

Brad? You gotta plan?

And lodging is unattainable that weekend in monterey, pretty much. ya gotta reserve a year ahead of time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.