Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Swap Meet in Anaheim?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdArango
Hey,
Any word on when the Anaheim swap meet is going to be?? I forget what it's called.

Thanks
ED
beer.gif
jim_hoyland
Last year it was MArch 7th; http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=103697&hl=
JoeSharp
Hey Ed, it is not on the PCA OCR calender as of yet.
EdArango
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jan 3 2011, 01:30 PM) *

Hey Ed, it is not on the PCA OCR calender as of yet.

Thanks Joe!
EdArango
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 3 2011, 12:55 PM) *

Thanks Jim!!!

Cap'n Krusty
It's March 6th, 2011. The Cap'n
SLITS
You mean ***gasp***, The "Used to be Dunkels", then the LA Euro Show, then the ??????
pcar916
John Dunkle and his wife (then girlfriend... didn't know about his brother) started "PorscheList", which became "Rennlist" after Porsche lawyers forced him to change the name. At the time we were all pissed at them for stomping on a really enthusiastic group of Porschephyles... and we were right.

But a part of corporate law dictates that if your corporate name is used without your permission and you don't get paid, ANYONE can use it for whatever they wish. Your responsibility (as a corporation) is to squash it wherever it happens, no matter how wonderful or beneficial it is to your business.

John kept an even keel during that time. He was keeping a server-farm up at his own cost until it got so big he started to ask for donations to keep it up. The response was immediate and sufficient.

Just a little history... I was building my car at that time and had a lot of input from that crowd. Some good, some useless, some... undetermined.

The "Racing" list was the most useful. There were a few drivers that thought they knew more than the mechanics but most responses were useful, as long as the responders hadn't had to much coffee... or other stuff. Frankly, there was lots of conjecture, and much was delivered with "authority". I just relied on the math, opinions from knowledgeable folks, and my gut... turned out ok.

This forum is much the same but with better categories. There is a wealth of information here.

Hmmm. Is this slightly off-topic? piratenanner.gif I think not.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jan 3 2011, 03:40 PM) *

John Dunkle and his wife (then girlfriend... didn't know about his brother) started "PorscheList", which became "Rennlist" after Porsche lawyers forced him to change the name. At the time we were all pissed at them for stomping on a really enthusiastic group of Porschephyles... and we were right.

But a part of corporate law dictates that if your corporate name is used without your permission and you don't get paid, ANYONE can use it for whatever they wish. Your responsibility (as a corporation) is to squash it wherever it happens, no matter how wonderful or beneficial it is to your business.

John kept an even keel during that time. He was keeping a server-farm up at his own cost until it got so big he started to ask for donations to keep it up. The response was immediate and sufficient.

Just a little history... I was building my car at that time and had a lot of input from that crowd. Some good, some useless, some... undetermined.

The "Racing" list was the most useful. There were a few drivers that thought they knew more than the mechanics but most responses were useful, as long as the responders hadn't had to much coffee... or other stuff. Frankly, there was lots of conjecture, and much was delivered with "authority". I just relied on the math, opinions from knowledgeable folks, and my gut... turned out ok.

This forum is much the same but with better categories. There is a wealth of information here.

The Dunkel brothers were/are SO Cal Porsche enthusiasts. John Dunkle is/was from the east coast and has NOTHING to do with the brothers or the event they used to host at their machinery moving facility.

The Cap'n
914_teener
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 3 2011, 04:32 PM) *

QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jan 3 2011, 03:40 PM) *

The Dunkel brothers were/are SO Cal Porsche enthusiasts. John Dunkle is/was from the east coast and has NOTHING to do with the brothers or the event they used to host at their machinery moving facility.

The Cap'n

Thanks Cap'n....for a minute there I thought So Cal had moved somewhere else! WTF.gif

Anyway the Dunkel Bros. were/are a well known machinery moving co. in Orange County and had a fabulous Porsche collection in the front of their building. Anybody who knew anything about or involved with machine tooling or tools knew about it. I believe they have moved from that particular building since Disney bought the Angels and a lot of the land in that area.

So....I have heard from Jim that this is...if it's happening a pretty cool swap meet.
sean_v8_914
my guess is that dunkles will conflict with the san diego pca performance driving school on march 4-5-6.
pcar916
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 3 2011, 04:32 PM) *

The Cap'n

I stand corrected!
brilliantrot
I know the Dunkel Bros. as I have parked their boat (or yacht if you prefer as it isn't small) a few times at work and always have a 30min conversation about Porsches with them. You know they have to be cool guys when one of their daily drivers is a 2011 GT3 RS with the full BBI "Street Cup" tuning package. They say it is only 2 seconds a lap slower than their 997 Cup race car at Willow Springs. Anyone that drives around Newport in a caged GT3 RS with strait pipes and calls it their "street car" gets the nod in my book.
Eric_Shea
I'll be in Anaheim next week. "That's" when the real party starts! w00t.gif
JoeSharp
If you have time for it. Can we have that party at Team NARP Headquarters??? jsharp.gif
Eric_Shea
Hmmmmmmmmmm idea.gif Sounds like a start. Checking on transportation. I'm currently scheduled to fly in and out of LAfuckingX. I may end up driving and, if I do that I'll shoot to hang out Sunday for a flesh burning event. If I can't get the flight thing worked out I'll be booked solid. sad.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 4 2011, 02:44 PM) *

LAfuckingX. sad.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
I'm sorry....
You fly out of OC or LB and I'll pick you up.
Eric_Shea
No $hit. SNA is like 15 minutes away!! ...and I get booked in and out of LAX. Hey! It saved $57.40 cents though!! slap.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 3 2011, 06:46 PM) *

my guess is that dunkles will conflict with the san diego pca performance driving school on march 4-5-6.

Dunkels is a 356 and 912 Registries event, as is the Lit and Memorabilia show the day before. The conflict is odd, though, because most of the prime movers of the 2 events are PCA old timers.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.