Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Track tire size set up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sixaddict
I have GT replica....bought a set of wheels and tires from 911 guy RA1s. He is knowledgeable so almost hate to question this. 245 X 45 and 225 X 50
He had 50s up front and 45 at rear. I have installed that way and just looks a little heavy up front ...Maybe it is just so different from 15s I was running.
Anybody running similar set up for comment. Wheels are 7.5 front and 8.5 rear........both 16s (sorry).
Thanks
Terry
J P Stein
My car had taller tires up front on 15s with shorter tires in the rear on 16s. It does look a bit odd but it works and that is what matters.
Since you neglected to tell us what wheel size your using and no pic....ya got me.
225-45s might not be available . confused24.gif
DanT
you will find that the overall rolling circumference and diameter to be pretty close with those two sizes.
sixaddict
Dan:
That is what the seller told me and I trust him on that ..... These look massive compared to the 245 45 15 s I had on the car. I guess I will try them as is.
I pick up a lot more contact due to width so no excuses for not improving times.
Thanks,
Terry
P.s. Wheels are 7.5 front and 8.5 rear for the other comment. Not sure how that impacts diameter but for the sake of clarification

QUOTE(DanT @ Jan 3 2011, 08:07 PM) *

you will find that the overall rolling circumference and diameter to be pretty close with those two sizes.

sixaddict
All are 16 inch and would post pics but my files are too large ( always ) for this site so I gave up on that. Not skilled enough to change size of every photos so quit headbang.gif Thanks

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jan 3 2011, 07:01 PM) *

My car had taller tires up front on 15s with shorter tires in the rear on 16s. It does look a bit odd but it works and that is what matters.
Since you neglected to tell us what wheel size your using and no pic....ya got me.
225-45s might not be available . confused24.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.