Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions needed:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
I've got a bunch of old 914 parts taking up space in the garage/attic/bar room/office etc....like all the rest of you do. For those that actually sell this stuff, do you find more success on here, on 914club, or eBay? (or somewhere else?) just a lot of misc stuff I want to get rid of from multiple car builds/tear downs.

Thoughts?
detoxcowboy
Ebay will get you the most money but not sell as fast or everything, World and Club seem to have the same memebers +- 5% and the same listings +-5%. Myself I got tired of du[plicating everything so I am on World and never go to the Club unless I am really bored..

Recomend make an offering here at no listing fees or Ebay % take of final sale ect.. and what does not sell at the price you want take it to Ebay.. Thats what I would do if I had alot of stuff..
914rat
Why not try them all.
Jeffs9146
In the Bay Area California Craigslist and the World are the best! drunk.gif
GaroldShaffer
I usually have better luck selling on Ebay. Yes the fees suck, but I find it easier to keep up on my auctions then here. I do sell here also and at the club, but usually its the bigger items (rims, consoles, trans,...) smaller stuff seems to sell better on Ebay.

YMMV bye1.gif
RFoulds
Craigslist, E-bay and World.
On CL, price should be what you think is average. Ebay price should be higher, World price should be lowest, your bottom line.

Or, if its stuff you just want out of the way, price it all low, everywhere. Low prices sell fast.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
e bay is a bunch of hassle to list and one deals with bottom feeders (meaning you list the parts at a rock bottom price and they still complain that the price is too high) but it is by far the best place to list the parts. You have to be able to ship around the world though as the european buyers pay more.
Of course e bay and pay pal get their fees so you will lose about 10% of the sale price by the time everything is said and done. THEN some parts will never sell especially the ones that are too costly to ship. NOS parts sell well and the typical parts that everyone wants (for example PERFECT speaker grilles visors chrome driving light grilles and bumper guards) will bring some good money.

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jan 4 2011, 11:43 AM) *

I've got a bunch of old 914 parts taking up space in the garage/attic/bar room/office etc....like all the rest of you do. For those that actually sell this stuff, do you find more success on here, on 914club, or eBay? (or somewhere else?) just a lot of misc stuff I want to get rid of from multiple car builds/tear downs.

Thoughts?

naro914
thanks all.
I had never thought of ebay, except I did a simple search there and found LOTS of stuff, from the littlest clip to body panels. Was surprised actually.

First order of business is to figure out exactly what I have.

George...people complaining the price is too high is not exclusive to ebayers.... smile.gif
VaccaRabite
I always list parts here first, and if they do not sell and I need money, then they go to ebay. Otherwise, I either take them to Hershey or give them away to someone that needs them.

Zach
watsonrx13
Bob this is a great question because I also have a bunch of parts I'd like to sell.

My question is how do you price the parts? blink.gif Where can I go to look at the current price of parts without over or under pricing?

-- Rob
Chris Pincetich
I arranged a dozen things on the floor and took a photo. Listed the items with low prices ($1-$40 per part) identified for each part. I posted it here at the World in Classifieds. I also said "Make an offer on the whole lot!"

Over the past 2 weeks I sold most the stuff for the prices I asked, no flaking.

Craigslist is full of flakes and scams....but ya, in NorCal it sells EVERYTHING fast.

Start here to make it easy on yourself beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I can give you a great idea of what they would sell for on e bay. Just list them and I will give you an idea of a sales price and some selling hints.

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 4 2011, 03:26 PM) *

Bob this is a great question because I also have a bunch of parts I'd like to sell.

My question is how do you price the parts? blink.gif Where can I go to look at the current price of parts without over or under pricing?

-- Rob

rhcb914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2011, 07:03 PM) *

I can give you a great idea of what they would sell for on e bay. Just list them and I will give you an idea of a sales price and some selling hints.

George, you may want to give your own guys some advice. smile.gif
That cooling fan your guys listed for $50....are you guys serious?? poke.gif
Mike Bellis
I list everything on World and Club first. Be carefull with Ebay. Ebay can be a rippoff sometimes with fees. Craigslist is free and I got a free 914 on CL. Ebay will give you the most exposure but shipping is a PITA.
bandjoey
I used to sell on ebay but it's dried up. Just filter to bids only and there are few if no bids on most 914 stuff. World is the best. Some stuff that VW people might want go to the Samba.
sww914
I always list stuff here, Club, and sometimes Pelican for a week or so and if it doesn't look like it will sell I will put it on ebay. About 50% of the stuff I sell on ebay goes to Europe.
I never listed my racecar on ebay, it sold from here.
Most recently, I saw 145 views here, 33 on club, and 36 on Pelican in 24 hours.
hwgunner
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jan 4 2011, 10:43 AM) *

Thoughts?

Can I get my car back before you start selling all the parts off it??

jonathan KMA.gif Meant for sww914
sww914
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Jan 4 2011, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jan 4 2011, 10:43 AM) *

Thoughts?

Can I get my car back before you start selling all the parts off it??

jonathan KMA.gif Meant for sww914

I think we've already established that your car is now in Europe.
r_towle
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jan 4 2011, 01:43 PM) *

Thoughts?

No, what you have is a clutter and storage problem.
You need to go to home depot and buy several new shelving units and some nice plastic boxes to properly store your spare parts.
You dont need to sell them, just make more room to acquire your new parts car so you can strip that and keep your valuable parts stash maintained and growing as it should be.

Rich
moparrob
[/quote]
No, what you have is a clutter and storage problem.
You need to go to home depot and buy several new shelving units and some nice plastic boxes to properly store your spare parts.
You dont need to sell them, just make more room to acquire your new parts car so you can strip that and keep your valuable parts stash maintained and growing as it should be.

Rich
[/quote]

agree.gif

Actually, you need one new BIG box for your parts...

BIG BOX
turboman808
Like others said list them all. Ebay is my favorite. I raise the price between 10-15% to cover fees but it sells faster then anywhere else.

Here and craigslist has alot of deadbeats or low ballers. For craigslist I tell them to call me and I have a google phone number that forwards to my cell phone. I put in the ads to call me and I won't answer emails.

Ebay just seems to provide a level of protection that me and buyers feel comfortable with that they are willing to pay the extra fees.

However starting this month Ebay will be reporting to the IRS. In a way it's good because it will scare off the smaller guys I guess. Also means I got myself and added level of paperwork.
carr914
eBay if you want your items to sell, but that will take 10% of your price, 914World if you want your product to sit for a while, then sell after some cheap bastard makes you an offer and wants a free extra part, 914Club if you never want your item seen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.