Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to search for "914/6" or "914-6"?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
I tried searching the classified forum for both "914/6" and "914-6" but even though there is clearly a /6 for sale in the cars/rollers subforum both searches returned no results. How do you search for 914/6? It's apparently somehow non-trivial. Perhaps it should be added to the search help (where examples of searching for "914" and "blue" appear).

S
dr914@autoatlanta.com
should be 914-6

QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jan 4 2011, 01:40 PM) *

I tried searching the classified forum for both "914/6" and "914-6" but even though there is clearly a /6 for sale in the cars/rollers subforum both searches returned no results. How do you search for 914/6? It's apparently somehow non-trivial. Perhaps it should be added to the search help (where examples of searching for "914" and "blue" appear).

S

smontanaro
Thanks for the tip George, though that doesn't work for me. I visited the search page:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=Search&f=2

Entered "914-6" (sans quotes) in the search field and selected the Classified forums then poked the Search button. It returned:

CODE

Unfortunately your search didn't return any results.
Try broadening the search parameters by searching by different keywords or altering the format of your search.
Remember to use the wildcard '*' to increase the number of matches. Apple* will match 'apple' and 'apples'.

flipb
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jan 4 2011, 04:12 PM) *

Entered "914-6" (sans quotes) in the search field and selected the Classified forums then poked the Search button. It returned:

Try it *with* the quotation marks. That way, search treats it as a complete text string. (Not sure if that will work - you can also try searching for the following on google (copy & paste this) site:914world.com "914-6"
smontanaro
Before posting my question I had tried all of the following variants:

CODE

914/6
    "914/6"
    914-6
    "914-6"

None of these work for me. (Again, in all cases I selected the Classified forum as the search domain.)

OTOH, Google has no problem searching for "site:914world.com 914/6 classified", it just doesn't realize that the date of the posting is important.
computers4kids
Use the "Custom Google" search engine in my signature. It will only search the World site and you can use any character or combination you want smile.gif

Now that the World and Club are friends grouphug.gif , I should include my search of the club site,

Link

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Just curious if there is a date range problem? Like the adds are beyond your current setting parameter maybe.

I know when I was searching to buy a six I had to change the date range to pull up old adds. Just a thought.
McMark
914*6 works and will find both 914/6 and 914-6.
bandjoey
If you search +914 +muffler U get all items. Could it be the dash or slash deletes all items with a 6 ?
smontanaro
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 4 2011, 11:02 PM) *

914*6 works and will find both 914/6 and 914-6.

Right, but it finds "914" followed by any number of other characters, followed by "6".

I'll just keep horsing around with Google, Bing and other search engines to see if I can come up with a better search.

S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.