736conver
Really....

Am I missing something??

cooling fan
underthetire
confused24.gif
I gave away one better than that.
smontanaro
L@@K, you know those marking make it RARE.
914Sixer
P O S !!
orange914
lol-2.gif "Although it has a few blades broken, they will not interfere with cooling" av-943.gif laugh.gif

what about the broken ones that are hidden on the non pictured area?
bobhasissues
I see a lot of stuff from that seller, the buy it now price or opening bid is usually way to high for the condition of the item. It appears to be stuff listed by Auto Atlanta. Can anyone confirm or deny who the seller is?
rhcb914
You have got to be kidding a few missing blades?? I wouldn't put that on an engine I was trying to blow up!

Reminds me. I have a pre-rusted battery tray I need to get rid of. Was going to throw away the dust, but maybe I should list it on ebay.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yes I saw it. Some Knuckle is selling it for the markings hoping some racer will buy it who actually would break out blades to save horsepower!!!

You know how it goes. At least the thing comes in pieces so you can unbolt the blade array and replace it with a good one!!!

QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 4 2011, 04:45 PM) *

Really....

Am I missing something??

cooling fan

orange914
QUOTE(rhcb914 @ Jan 4 2011, 03:57 PM) *

Reminds me. I have a pre-rusted battery tray I need to get rid of. Was going to throw away the dust, but maybe I should list it on ebay.

isn't ebay great...
is that the rare O.E. dust? how many oz.'s worth? l@@ks like you could steal potential buyers from that very unusual, timing marked and highly desired fan happy11.gif
GeorgeRud
I always thought that this seller was Auto Atlanta, but maybe not from the Dr.'s comments. I'm sure his sign-in name is not helping Auto Atlanta's business if that is the case as most of his stuff looks questionable like this cooling fan.
Sleepin
What a rip off! I would be ashamed to give that away. Looks like a seller on ebay that I will be steering clear of.
SLITS
Nevermind
timofly
Jeez, I been looking for one like that! I am short of cash, but maybe he'll take a trade. I have a tire that's only flat on one side, so 80% of the tire is fine.
ELLIOTT
I will just bite my tongue
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Lional works for George, ( i think) I needed a part for a heater defrost lever

he had a POS one that had the part I wanted. I bought it, ( cheep) they sent me one without

that part. I emailed him he sent a good one free of charge.

I seems that what he sells are the bottom of Georges stock,last place

I would use. Dave
brettm69
damn, I JUST bought one, this one is in much better shape.

Brett
Rand
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 4 2011, 04:55 PM) *

I always thought that this seller was Auto Atlanta, but maybe not from the Dr.'s comments. I'm sure his sign-in name is not helping Auto Atlanta's business if that is the case as most of his stuff looks questionable like this cooling fan.

I'm guessing your tongue is in your cheek, as it's unmistakably AA as stated in the ad.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised the Dr would make a comment to mislead people. "Knuckle." Really Dr? You said "the Knuckle." Was that your idea of funny?

Dang it, every time I tell myself I'm going to stay out of it, he pulls this crap again and my tongue-biting discipline caves.

I just don't understand why he isn't embarrassed about an ad like this. Who calls a fan like this "nice" and feels good about themselves? I sure as hell wouldn't put my name on that ad. Yet this is typical of AA ads. I've come to expect this from AA now and cannot trust them. Sad.
Jake Raby
The TDC thats marked opposite the factory marks isn't exactly 180* from true TDC.. The index marks can't be right, even if they were you could not see them when doing any timing or valve adjustment procedures..

The position where the blades are missing from aren't symmetrical enough for this fan even to be used for a 12 blade race fan...

It needs to be put in the garbage and the person who indexed it, or even thinks it can be used needs to be slapped... So... He states that all those impeller blades missing doesn't impact cooling, but how about dynamic balance?? One impeller blade is generally worth 2 grams of imbalance... What about having 3 missing in a row?

classic... freakin classic...
scotty b
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 4 2011, 06:11 PM) *

classic... freakin classic...

biosurfer1
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jan 4 2011, 06:14 PM) *

I emailed him he sent a good one free of charge.

Maybe I misunderstood, Dave, but if you bought an item, then that item showed up missing a part meaning you had to contact the seller to get you the missing part, why do you feel like he sent you one "free of charge"?
scotty b
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jan 4 2011, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jan 4 2011, 06:14 PM) *

I emailed him he sent a good one free of charge.

Maybe I misunderstood, Dave, but if you bought an item, then that item showed up missing a part meaning you had to contact the seller to get you the missing part, why do you feel like he sent you one "free of charge"?

If " Bob " pays hooker " candy " for sex but hooker " Candy " only provides "Bob" a B.J. then " Bob " did not get what he paid for. Now then, if " Bob " complains, and " Candy " gives " Bob " sex then " Bob "gets a B.J. for free. Simple wacko.gif
Eric_Shea
Bob "gets a B.J. for free. Simple

Perfectly clear now, however... this fan looks like a sheeplove.gif is headed the unsuspecting buyer's way. And I bet our Lil' passionate buddy could give a damn. wink.gif
championgt1
For only $50 more you could throw in these. dry.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sQ5fAccessories
Valy
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jan 4 2011, 08:57 PM) *

"Automobile Atlanta since 1978 providing the best in 914 parts to the community."
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Valy @ Jan 4 2011, 10:06 PM) *

"Automobile Atlanta since 1978 providing the best in 914 parts to the community."

**Cough-Cough** ... One more
underthetire
QUOTE(Valy @ Jan 4 2011, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jan 4 2011, 08:57 PM) *

umm
computers4kids
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 4 2011, 08:46 PM) *

Bob "gets a B.J. for free. Simple

Perfectly clear now, however... this fan looks like a sheeplove.gif is headed the unsuspecting buyer's way. And I bet our Lil' passionate buddy could give a damn. wink.gif

Sorry Eric, "buyer" has been notfified that there may be some cosmetic damage. biggrin.gif
realred914
Im a big fan of these things
OneOfThemNARPGuys
I wonder who lionel_atlanta really is?

SLITS
QUOTE(OneOfThemNARPGuys @ Jan 5 2011, 03:56 PM) *

I wonder who lionel_atlanta really is?

If you click on the "me" this is what you will see:

Hi I am George Hussey president and founder of Automobile Atlanta Inc. (autoatlanta) a national Porsche parts retailer since 1978. I have a great love for Porsches as you can see if you visit our website autoatlanta. I also love Lionel trains and have built a collection of post war cars over 1500 strong and still going! I constantly add to my collection and when I buy other people's collections, offer the duplicates, or later or earlier vintage pieces here on e bay. I am always available by phone at 770 427 2844 ext 111 for any questions about the items I am listing or for Porsche tech advice! After hours you can call me any time at 404 308 5652 If you ever see any Buick Riviera parts on this site it is because I restored my Dad's original 1964 model he and I purchased new when I was 12 years old! I have two parts cars (a 63 and a 64) because of it with loads of vintage parts available cheaply! I am also a member of the Riviera Club, and organization that I urge any owner of a Buick Riviera to join.

I have over the years written several books and pamphets on the Porsche 914 including the "How to buy a 914", "How to convert a 914 to a 914-6", and the 914 "Tech Tips 700" that Road and Track in their review said that "no 914 owner should be without" I also have written a good book about the 924 and 944 called "924/944 tech tips" All are available on e bay along with our technical drawing catalogs for each Porsche model that show how the car goes together and list on e bay most everything you would need to complete the most comprehensive restoration or to beautifully accessorize your newer Porsche model. I am my lovely wife and accountant here at Automobile Atlanta Mia Dejonckheere take pictures and list items every weekend from our vast Porsche inventory, and Mia handles all of the shipping and billing and picture taking duties! As well as English, Mia speaks Flemish and Dutch, French and German, and one of our salesman Brad also speaks Spanish, so feel free to call us and speak your native language! Please note that I guarantee your satisfaction with any e bay purchase and we ship daily via Federal Express so your package will be carefully packed and shipped by our in house staff! If you ever have a problem, don't jump the gun and leave negative feedback, that never solves anything. Just call me personally and we will work it out! And please as a final note: All of my books and pamphlets are copyrighted so please do not even think about reproducing or quoting all or any part of them without my express written permission.

Favorite Links
Automobile Atlanta Inc.

No further comment .........................
Series9
Unbelievable.

As if his normal conduct were not enough to cast him off, HERE WE PRESENT IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF.

I SAY AGAIN:

IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF. IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF.

What is it going to take for the George lemmings to FINALLY GET IT?
Eric_Shea
IRREFUTABLE FUCKING PROOF

Need more?

George selling 914-6 VIN numbers on eBay and gets busted by the crew:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=83391

George screwing up a group buy here and rubbing everyones face in it (see post #81):
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=111225

Here's the eBay auction of a total POS -6 tub he cut the VIN's from and mentioned "in the ad" that you could title it from VIN's cut from another car! Busted:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=83314

Check out the POS he's trying to pedal. I liked James comments regarding "Perfect for the early 914 restorer who desires to update to the later superior shift linkage and window mechanisms." Window machanism? It doesn't have any doors! av-943.gif
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=29572

Then, of course, there's "this" thread. Sad... sad indeed.
Dr Evil
I hear toothless is sexy in Abalama tooth.gif teef.gif So, that fan is desirable.
914rat
Buyer Beware !!!!!

Sucker Be Warned !!!!
Rod
Sorry, so is the owner of Autoatlanta selling these rubbish parts on ebay and then posting in the thread? Or have i got the wrong end of the stick??

If that is the case as I suspect, sorry but what is he doing here on 914w? Surely this place has a great moderating team, but why on earth is he still here?

EDIT - ok just clicked and saw that it is the same guy and I'm amazed - I have his books and have read them and thought what a knowledge the guy has, I was somewhat in awe that someone had studied the cars so much. I know thats what us professionals do, I have a retail business in which I have to uphold the standards of the products I supply, but I don't get what's going on in his head?? He is posting on his own thread!! - Has he lost his mind or inhaled to much carbon monoxide?? headbang.gif
racerbvd
Yet another quality aa race car project barf.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-944...=item35abdfed5d

Porsche 944 turbo 951 car for parts.

What you see is what you get in this fabulous buy. This is a 944 original turbo car for parts. It obviously had a slight burn but has a wealth of parts left including an engine bottom end. What you see is what you get. Transmission has been sold.

biosurfer1
"slight burn"???
scotty b
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 27 2011, 08:24 PM) *

"slight burn"???

Kinda like chlamydia blink.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 27 2011, 08:24 PM) *

"slight burn"???

Well, he does say the tranny is sold, but neglects to say that the Susp & brakes.. Being in the south, I am really surprised no one has given him a god old fashioned Ass Beating chair.gif
Woody
Wow. That is all.
914rat
There are many places to buy 914 parts, my suggestion is to find the most reputable source you can live with.I prefer the ones that use vasoline, kiss me first, and have a no hassell return policy.Parts are expensive and these suppliers need to make a profit to stay in business.They don't need to play everyone as a sucker to make a living.
RJMII
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Feb 27 2011, 09:17 PM) *

Yet another quality aa race car project barf.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-944...=item35abdfed5d

Porsche 944 turbo 951 car for parts.

What you see is what you get in this fabulous buy. This is a 944 original turbo car for parts. It obviously had a slight burn but has a wealth of parts left including an engine bottom end. What you see is what you get. Transmission has been sold.

They must have been using a cooling fan like the one the OP posted. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
And can you believe it? Look at all of the other items this guy is selling!

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/lionel_atlanta...sid=p4340.l2562

QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 4 2011, 04:45 PM) *

Really....

Am I missing something??

cooling fan

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.