Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price check on isle 5
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
I need a reality price check for some items:

I have not seen a Bosch 050 distributor for sale in a long while. are they gone? what is a fair price to pay for a clean tight example. before the Mallory dyno sheets got us all excited, the 050 was the one we all wanted for a carburated type 4 with a good cam swap

the second item would be a set of clean Weber 40 IDF Italy made with linkage. it comes with center pull linkage or the standard hex bar type. the carbs ould be clean w fresh rebuild with new gaskets. I was thinking about $600 bucks is fair since they havent had gas in them yet since the rebuild

pardon teh crappy cell phone photos
sean_v8_914
these are not mine. I am helping a friend to whom I owe a favor
OT: interesting that I took these with my cell phone but some are 230K while others are 45k size WTF...over?
sean_v8_914
pre-work 914 surfin 914-aholics...I love it. I see who ya'll are.
SGB
I sold my .050 for about $50.00 several years ago.

Real Webers?
$1000.00 maybe with crank linkage, if you find the right buyer...
ME733
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 5 2011, 09:35 AM) *

these are not mine. I am helping a friend to whom I owe a favor
OT: interesting that I took these with my cell phone but some are 230K while others are 45k size WTF...over?

..............the opening on the side of the carburator (where two screws are installed) needs to have the gasket and cover installed. If missing, they can be pursched at the major weber suppliers...The center linkage pull, and intake manafolds, carbs should be worth at least...$600.00. IMO. they would certanily be worth more if You verified the float level, installed the correct jets, and pre run and tested them for the purchaser.
sean_v8_914
they have not been rebuilt yet! this is the condition before...they look like they have been on a shelf for many years. i'll rebuild them as part of the favor for my friend. I dont want this to turn into a classified ad. I just wanted to establish a fair price.

$50 bucks sounds dirt cheap for an 050. I would recommend that he keep it for that.
brant
I think I paid 50 or 60 last year for an 050 also

that said, I could use it if it goes on sale reasonably.
it it doesn't I understand.
sean_v8_914
I'll tell the owner to chime in. he might be watching
NORD

I'd be interested in the 50 when the price has been posted let me know

driving.gif
pt_700
as for the size of the cell phone pics, depends on how much detail is in the file. take a pic of a blank white wall and the file will be small.

yup, checkin' the 914 site before work. caught me!

paul
SLITS
$50 on the dizzy.

$350 - $400 on the set of Webers used.

Don't like my prices ... don't read what I wrote.
Borderline
I think your pricing on the Weber 40's is a little on the high side. I paid ~$250 for mine several years ago with crappy center pull linkage. More recently I paid $500 for a set of 44's with the hex bar linkage. Both of these purchases were on ebay, enough said. FWIW
sean_v8_914
i dont like anything slits has to say...even if its true
SLITS
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 5 2011, 09:14 AM) *

i dont like anything slits has to say...even if its true

And Brazilan distributors are crap. The only thing from Brazil that is worthy is Eric Shea's wife (and he doesn't deserve Vanessa).
sean_v8_914
me likey la dama brazileira! boom, boom si
hot_shoe914
From the pricesI have seen put on some of the dizzies here in the classifieds for stock and non stock, I'd say 150.00 shipped for a really nice 050 which like you said are getting more and more rare.

A nice set of good carbs with a fresh professional rebuild on carbs that look like they were barely used seems to me 600.00 plus shipping would be fair. Just my opinion and in no way, shape form sets the market value. Just drawing on previous classifieds I have read.

Shoe

ie...COMPLETE distributors delivered for $ 135.

Thank you, TOMAS (xx3-x04-40xx)

Eric_Shea
The only thing from Brazil that is worthy is Eric Shea's wife (and he doesn't deserve Vanessa).

Sure he does... tongue.gif bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
Gratuitus way to show off your pretty wife Eric! Life is good! biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I'd say $600 for the whole lot.
No air cleaners, hex bar is missing the parts that goes on the carb tops, needs delete plates, no stacks and and something is funky with the stop screws.
Eric_Shea
Gratuitus way to show off your pretty wife Eric! Life is good!

Shameless huh? lol3.gif Just did it to rib Ronnie-Pooh.
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 9 2011, 02:50 PM) *

Gratuitus way to show off your pretty wife Eric! Life is good!

Shameless huh? lol3.gif Just did it to rib Ronnie-Pooh.

I'm having an episode at the moment. wub.gif pray.gif
sean_v8_914
everything is htere . I just didnt photograph it all. its not a classified, it a price check.
price check is for complete plug and play, with all linkage parts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.