Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping Rims From San Jose to Huntington Beach, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdArango
Hey...I'm thinking of buying some fuchs that are in San Jose. What is the best shipping company to get them here to Huntington Beach?

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!
ED
beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
If you aren't in a hurry, my family and I will be taking a vacation in San Diego in February and we will be driving down. Probably don't have room for rims with tires but...
KELTY360
FedEx Ground is cheaper than UPS. Greyhound is also reasonable if you're near a terminal on both ends.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(EdArango @ Jan 5 2011, 03:30 PM) *

Hey...I'm thinking of buying some fuchs that are in San Jose. What is the best shipping company to get them here to Huntington Beach?

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!
ED
beerchug.gif

What size are you looking at Ed ?
EdwardBlume
I can help get them from San Jose to Sonoma, where Rob can pick them up.
JoeSharp
I sent some on Greyhound and it worked out fine.
jeeperjohn56
I sent two to Colorado by USPS, no problems was about $26 with insurance. John
Beach914
If I'm not mistaken Greyhound is about a buck a pound to transport.
realred914

A ship may take too long, try land transit. w00t.gif
RFoulds
Fed Ex Ground for tracking and insured packages. Greyhound for low price. Greyhound you just strap them together in pairs, box them in the medium Home Depot box, and stick a label on them. Ultra cheap shipping.

How is the car coming Ed?
EdArango
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jan 6 2011, 04:03 PM) *

Fed Ex Ground for tracking and insured packages. Greyhound for low price. Greyhound you just strap them together in pairs, box them in the medium Home Depot box, and stick a label on them. Ultra cheap shipping.

How is the car coming Ed?

Ugh.......Slow...I'm still in the ordering metal parts to weld into the car phase. I just spent $1400 bucks on misc sheet metal parts and my steel flares from George at AA. Sold my 1.7 FI engine to Sean Molloy which is good....Still have a L O N G way to go.
wacko.gif
RFoulds
it will get there. its like you get past a certain point and you can see the finish line. Thats when the fun really kicks in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.