Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beach914
Has anyone installed these in their car?

Does anyone know if they will fit?

Looking to put a pair of these in my project since the seats it came with are garbage.

Any input would be appreciated.

My apologies to those that thought I was selling some seats as I misplaced this thread in the "Parts For Sale" forum.

David

Click to view attachment
Beach914
So I didn't wait for input and went up and picked these up this morning.

Not too bad for $120 each (no brackets) I think I'll attach to the 914 seat brackets with some mods.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Chris Pincetich
WOW great price beerchug.gif
How does the quality feel? Any chance you know how much each one weighs?
Few "race seats" are actually lighter than the OEM 914 seat.
effutuo101
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jan 6 2011, 01:07 PM) *

WOW great price beerchug.gif
How does the quality feel? Any chance you know how much each one weighs?
Few "race seats" are actually lighter than the OEM 914 seat.

20 lbs per the web site
effutuo101
sorry, the F series are 16.5 w/ no bracket
underthetire
Those look good. I've been searching Ebay a lot for some seats, but shipping is almost a deal killer for me. I'll be watching this thread to see how they turn out. aktion035.gif
Beach914
Fabric is a synthetic knit type. Its not as tight a weave as the top of the line stuff. It feels like I could snag it if I'm not careful with what I've got hanging from me. I may experiment with some leather reinforcement pieces if it looks like thats a problem

Told my wife that she won't be wearing her designer jeans with the bling on the butt (you know those True Religions or ????).
Andyrew
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;hl=nex+seats

YEARS ago... These seats have gone through many reforms and many name changes...

You will have a couple of problems. First, the seats are at a angle that makes tall drivers sit farther forward than you really want.. You wont be able to use the backpad unless your quite short. You WILL need to bend your ebrake handle in order to be able to pull it up (It hits the seat bottom lip).

Good luck!
Beach914
FYI, I called Scat and had to ask if they had the F Series seats in the Gray/Black. They have several other colors but the seats are out of production so you can only get what they have left.

Their ebay site may have only shown the Red/Black but they have others. They charge $35 each to ship on ebay and I avoided that by picking them up.

I'm very pleased for $120 each plus the Ca Sales tax.
Beach914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 6 2011, 01:39 PM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;hl=nex+seats

YEARS ago... These seats have gone through many reforms and many name changes...

You will have a couple of problems. First, the seats are at a angle that makes tall drivers sit farther forward than you really want.. You wont be able to use the backpad unless your quite short. You WILL need to bend your ebrake handle in order to be able to pull it up (It hits the seat bottom lip).

Good luck!

Yes I agree with the angle, I'm not that tall 5'9" and the seats do make you sit more upright but thats good for my back. I will angle the entire seat a bit backward and remove the backpad. I like the look of it removed and what some of the guys are doing with the Dynamat and carpet.

The seats are pretty narrow even with the bolsters. I did a test fit and I still have great access to the handbrake which is what I wanted.

Beach914
This is the seat the PO had stuffed in the car. Luckily he did not have them hard mounted before I bought it. Nothing cut or modified.

Click to view attachment

underthetire
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 6 2011, 02:02 PM) *

This is the seat the PO had stuffed in the car. Luckily he did not have them hard mounted before I bought it. Nothing cut or modified.

Click to view attachment

A little black RIT dye on those red stiches, id run with those even. My seats are so bad my girlfriend refuses to ride in my car !
Beach914
Next step is to steal Ed Arangos extra seat brackets and start to make the mounts......
raw1298
I know this is an old thread, but how did this come out? I am interested in the way you mounted these. I have a set of aftermarket seats that I will be installing soon and any pictures or advice would be appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.