Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB defrost seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
matteyp
Does anyone have a set of defroster seals? The seal that goes on top of the defroster under the cowl. Or does anyone know who has them? Thanks

Matt
bandjoey
Try Mark in the Vendor section
914rubber.com
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(matteyp @ Jan 5 2011, 07:13 PM) *

Does anyone have a set of defroster seals? The seal that goes on top of the defroster under the cowl. Or does anyone know who has them? Thanks

Matt

Mark might have them, confused24.gif but Pelican Parts can get the oem's from germany. They are pretty cheap and it took 7-9 days to receive.. You can find them by using the part# if you do not know it they have a link on their site to the 914 Parts Diagrams w/ #'s at Porsche..
914Sixer
Are you talking about the air box seal or the defroster seal that go on the vents in the dash? Two different items. Air box seal is NLA. Some one was working on making one. Defroster vent seals are about $6 each from Porsche.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 7 2011, 05:05 AM) *

Are you talking about the air box seal or the defroster seal that go on the vents in the dash? Two different items. Air box seal is NLA. Some one was working on making one. Defroster vent seals are about $6 each from Porsche.

Good point.. He said set but maybe he has 2 914's.. in that case 914 rubber has the older verion repro and it comes in the frsh air seal kit that has the seals inside the airbox... which is a nice project to seal up the air box itself, anything that was foam rubber is crumble dust if it is touched in any manner..
type47
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 7 2011, 05:05 AM) *

Defroster vent seals are about $6 each from Porsche.

Here's the part number: 914.572.157.10

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=114438

matteyp
Checked Porsche today 15 bucks a peice and I gotta wait a week. Pelican has them for 8 bucks plus 6 for shipping. I went to Jo Ann fabric today and bought some foam for about 4 bucks to make my own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.