Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche new range will be another SUV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Not a new 914 but a small S.U.V. that will second the Cayenne.
IPB Image
Just as the Cayman is an entry level Porsche – a gateway drug to the 911, so to speak – the German’s marque’s just-announced new Cajun SUV will bear the same relation to the Cayenne. The Cajun – a “working title” and one we hope they improve on – will be a smaller, less expensive sibling to the Cayenne aimed at attracting younger drivers who might otherwise splash out on a BMW X3. It will most likely be equipped with Audi‘s 3.0-liter supercharged, direct-injection six-cylinder engine, with diesel and hybrid versions on the books as well. Of course the move is bound to come in for plenty of criticism from Porsche stalwarts who are still bemoaning the birth of the Cayenne in the first place, but will probably appeal to plenty of folk pleased at a cheaper option for grabbing a piece of Stuttgart’s finest.
http://blog.jameslist.com/2010/porsche-to-...un-suv-in-2013/

IPB Image
Volkswagen snatched up the remains of German coachbuilder Karmann last year, saying it would begin building a new model within the facility by 2011. VW revealed that new model to be a new Golf Cabrio, but it seems it won’t be alone for long: the factory appears to be ready to build the next-generation Porsche Boxster and Cayman within the next few years.
Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/porsche-shifting...l#ixzz1AKtxCf84
Eric_Shea
I read it was killed already.
johannes
Wich one ?
Eric_Shea
Cajun. I read a news post somewhere where they said it was killed. From that picture it looks pretty done to me though.
johannes
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 7 2011, 04:51 PM) *

Cajun. I read a news post somewhere where they said it was killed. From that picture it looks pretty done to me though.

I got the information from a Porsche newsletter end novembre. I wonder they could change their mind in such a short time...
Eric_Shea
Your info is probably correct. I read this a few months back while searching for something else.
type47
Sorry, I disagree. Beauty is in the eye of the key-holder. Any vehicle that can be produced and show a profit would help the company that built/builds cars of our interest. Isn't the Cayenne Porsches biggest seller? But some of the profit goes into factory racing and development. That's OK with me. If I remember my 914 History, people didn't especially think it was attractive either.
euro911
The 914's sitting in my driveway aren't looking too attractive ... they're looking pretty ugly up on them jack stands dry.gif
plymouth37
I am all in favor of Cajuns and Panameras funding fun high end projects like the 918 Spyder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.