Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cherry Poppin Weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Did the engine drop Sunday. Followed the PP article on engine drop, good procedure nice instructions. All went very smooth until we got to the motor mount bolts. sad.gif

The right side bolt (go figure it is right under the battery try) was rusted solid. No amount of heat, grinding, impact wrench or anything moved that SOB. Tried to cut the head off the bolt and it still would not come out. More beating more grinding with more heat and still nothing.

Only one choice left...... blowtorch.gif Had to cut the motor mount bar. Anybody got a bar that they want to sell?????

Hell hole looks relativley decent except around the battery tray which I already knew>> this is why the engine was removed to begin with.

Now on to the R&R...

And before anyone puts it in... Yes I know.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Camera batteries died on me when I went to upload to the computer.
Bruce Allert
smilie_pokal.gif Good job there Buddy... I just did mine by my self, 1st time & put another back in. Quite the experience, eh. I know the feeling quite well and it still lingers. I drove it in AX Sunday & the new (old) engine runs & runs &................ beer.gif

...........b
Joe Ricard
Early or late bar. Got an early one
tdgray
Joe thanks for the reply.

Car is a 1973 1.7L. I didn't know there were diff's in bars.

One more piece of info to add to the growing brain base. wink.gif
tdgray
OK so here's the proof.

Number one rule.... do not answer the phone while pulling an engine. Because then your goofy brother takes a picture while you are telling the "boss" how long it will be until you're done.
tdgray
Man this sucker looks big when out. I was very suprised when we pulled it out from under the car.

Pretty happy though, didn't take long and now I can do the valves without having to twist like a circus freak into all kinda painful positions.
tdgray
Last but not least. The carnage.... the cut motor mount bar.

ONCE AGAIN... Anyone have one they would like to part with???????????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.