Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sot any apps to make this forum easier to use
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Got one for Xmas from my mom. Other sites like craigslist are way better, world is kinda tough to use with it. First apple product for me since 1983.
SirAndy
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 7 2011, 07:35 PM) *

Got one for Xmas from my mom. Other sites like craigslist are way better, world is kinda tough to use with it. First apple product for me since 1983.

Like discussed a gazillion times before, we need a mobile optimized skin for the forum.

One of these days when i have spare time ... popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 7 2011, 09:06 PM) *

From the link you posted:
"Please note that the app will require IP.Board 3.1 is installed to communicate with your community."

We never made the jump to 3.x of IPB board because they went to a "subscription" model where you have to pay every month just to use their software.

Our current version did not come with a mobile optimized skin and i doubt anybody out there still does development for IPB 2.x ...

Making a new skin is not terribly difficult by itself, but getting it to work nicely on all the different mobile platforms will be a challenge.

It's been on my todo-list for a long time ... popcorn[1].gif
I've tried a few times on my DROID X but not worth it. Every new page needs to be re-zoomed.
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 8 2011, 12:15 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 7 2011, 09:06 PM) *

From the link you posted:
"Please note that the app will require IP.Board 3.1 is installed to communicate with your community."

We never made the jump to 3.x of IPB board because they went to a "subscription" model where you have to pay every month just to use their software.

Our current version did not come with a mobile optimized skin and i doubt anybody out there still does development for IPB 2.x ...

Making a new skin is not terribly difficult by itself, but getting it to work nicely on all the different mobile platforms will be a challenge.

It's been on my todo-list for a long time ... popcorn[1].gif

Is this open source?
Seems the new version might be a faster place to start....
Get the skin code and see if you can fix it to work with the older board.

Rich
Dr Evil
Andy, I will quadruple my current membership fee if you get on this right away. Hell, I will give you 100x my fee wink.gif

poke.gif
Chris Hamilton
Works fine on my Android phone confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Jan 7 2011, 11:56 PM) *

Works fine on my Android phone confused24.gif

It works, but it's hardly easy to use ...
TheCabinetmaker
The world site is as easy to use on my android as it is on my laptop, just not as fast.

My bbq forum uses tapatalk for mobile browsing. easy to navigate and lightening fast. In a few more years, everything will be mobile. Its happening now. Even my laptop is a mobile broadband. I haven't been connected to a cable in a few years.
736conver
Site works great on my evo. In fact this was written from my evo
underthetire
I was only asking in case I missed something. It works, but stuff like page numbers is tough, they are too small for my fat fingers
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 8 2011, 09:08 AM) *

I was only asking in case I missed something. It works, but stuff like page numbers is tough, they are too small for my fat fingers

I do about 90% of my surfing on the World on my iPad. Works great other than those pesky page buttons. I just pinch zoom and click.
Mark Henry
IPB Image
Black22
Works fine on my iPhone 4. I just turn it sideways so the font is slightly bigger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.