Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thank God for the 74 tits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
The bad: I had to call 911 (not the Porsche kind). Poor old guy passed out and hit my car when it was parked. I gave him some sugar. no help. His blood pressure was low and ECG was uneven so they transported him.

The good: He couldn't have been going too fast. The tit was pretty squished, he managed to hit it square on. No other apparent damage. I'll go out later to look closer

Hope the old guy is alright

Dave
4WheelDrifter
Lucky you, lucky him. Glad the damage wasn't worse.

Yesterday a Mercedes almost hit my 914 in the side when the driver wanted to change lanes and didn't bother to check the mirror. Good thing I saw her coming or the side of the 914 would have been wrecked (she tried the stupid move while I was next to her). I swerved to avoid the brain dead old lady.
Joe Bob
Sorry your car was hit and hope the FOG is OK....was it JP? chairfall.gif

BTW....don't know if it the same in your state(s) but here in Kaleefornya it's not the fault of a driver if they pass out/die/barn hemorage/fart and then hit your car from a previously undiagnosed illness.....a couple I know once had their brand new mommy wagon smacked by a guy that had a heart attack and took out the whole side of the MB wagon....

When they attempted to get restitution from the FOG's insurance they denied the claim. The couple's insurance had to pay and they then got cancelled and then ended up getting a pretty hefty increase.....they weren't even in the car....it was parked on the damn street....
mikester
Is that really true MikeZ?

If so - I'd say it's lame. It is another rule/law that doesn't seem based in reality here in CA. Not that I want to penalize a person who has just kicked off or anything. But I would think that your insurance company would step up the way they should if ANYONE who was uninsured would have to in the case of your parked car getting hit.

I hate insurance companies.

there's a movement recently that I read about of Doctors who are working for "cash only." They don't accept insurance, they charge like $50 a visit give or take and they actually take the time to spend with a patient. The people that use them usually get insurance for serious accidents and things but the minor stuff they cover out of pocket.

I don't really think that's bad, but the cost of some regular prescriptions is pretty high. Just my Allegra-D and my nose spray for my allergies at the Slave-on is something like $150 without my insurance card - with it's $7. Since I work for the government my insurance is paid for (of course my salary is smaller than it would be in the private sector).

Insurance sucks, it's a bit out of hand. I think I've hijacked this thread. boldblue.gif
DNHunt
Did a little closer look. Everthing is fine. The tit has even perked back up.

Dave
nebreitling
hope the old man is alright. sorry about your car!

p.s. i love my 75 bumpers for this exact reason. saved my car twice now.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 26 2004, 08:52 AM)
The tit has even perked back up.

Dave

if it still doesn't look right, try rubbing it or blowing on it a little. if it still doesn't look right, you might consider implants. but for a 30 year old that shouldn't be necessary yet.
4WheelDrifter
QUOTE(glstrojan @ Apr 26 2004, 09:58 AM)

Dave

if it still doesn't look right, try rubbing it or blowing on it a little. if it still doesn't look right, you might consider implants. but for a 30 year old that shouldn't be necessary yet.

lol2.gif Funny, I was about to type almost the same exact thing.
Gint
I think Dave just wanted an excuse to say "tit" and "tits". biggrin.gif
Kevin@ojai.net
QUOTE(glstrojan @ Apr 26 2004, 09:58 AM)

Dave

Rubbing a little ice around the area might get it nice and perky again as well. wink.gif
ablose58
Sorry about your mis adventure dave. where did this happen? AL
Brad Roberts
Glad to hear the car is ok.. and glad to hear people think I like do.. biggrin.gif

Parts quote in the mail tomorrow Dave.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.