Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 6 in temecula
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
look in craigslist in the inland empire for a 914 6 with a nice kit body for sale
Steve
$3900.00, what a deal!!! Even if the engine was shot, the parts alone would be worth that much.
detoxcowboy
Thanks for the tip!, I feel like an ass as I sit here n OC always looking at craigslsit and nevr once tried I.E. damn! Half my "local" 914 parts guys are on there.. oohf!
A whole new source for the obession,.. I am never going to get anything done..
RFoulds
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jan 8 2011, 12:13 PM) *

Thanks for the tip!, I feel like an ass as I sit here n OC always looking at craigslsit and nevr once tried I.E. damn! Half my "local" 914 parts guys are on there.. oohf!

No doubt. the Riverside area, Inland Empire is a gold mine of 914 stuff. Decent cars pop up on that craigslist frequently. And half the price of that High falutin' OC!
Beach914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jan 8 2011, 04:21 PM) *

No doubt. the Riverside area, Inland Empire is a gold mine of 914 stuff. Decent cars pop up on that craigslist frequently. And half the price of that High falutin' OC!

Hey !!! Gotta pay the bills somehow!!!Costs a mint to live out here...

I think Terry is pretty active on CL Inland Empire. LA also has some good cars and parts show up every once in awhile.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 8 2011, 04:53 PM) *

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jan 8 2011, 04:21 PM) *

Hey !!! Gotta pay the bills somehow!!!Costs a mint to live out here...

I think Terry is pretty active on CL Inland Empire. LA also has some good cars and parts show up every once in awhile.

Terry is my friend, I like just going over (his HOuse) there to see what crazyness he has now.. He has helped my huge,,. often enough to become more of a friend than a dealer/.. good dude!
pete000
Looks to be down to $3000.00 !

The MFI on the motor is worth $1800.00 alone!

Here is the link...

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2143724169.html
silver74insocal
ive been watchin this for almost 2 months when it started at 5700. its a real gauge (IMO) of what happens when you chalon a car. i would love to snatch up that motor for that price but i still couldnt afford to rebuild it sad.gif especially with a baby due in the next 2 months...
SLITS
Shalom not Chalon .... poke.gif
SLITS
The Shalom is now in Slits' Asshole Garage & First Church of Divine Polygamy.

Putzed around with it. Engine started right up without protest. Quiet and smooth running. Has a 5 gears with no whine. smilie_pokal.gif All heater stuff removed & interior needs going over. Body was installed very well. Need to bleed brakes and put a windshield in it and it's a driver (license paid too!).

7 & 8 X 16 Fuchs, 914/6 oil tank, Funky exhaust system (assdragger pipes cut, collector and straight pipes with small mufflers), Redrilled rear hubs, front rotors are type 4 drilled for 5 lug, NO RUST ANYWHERE IN BODY, remaned & coated fuel tank, Crane XR700 driving Mallory coil, Mallory fuel pump.... just lacking cold start system for MFI.

Headlights won't pop up or go ho/lo beam, but H4 headlight assemblies. Rest of lights work properly. Door switches removed so no interior lights.

Came with newly cover leather dash, good door panels. No evidence of a crash. Door seams perfect.

Dash needs some covering and a knee pad.

Door plaque missing so don't know original color, but under the window butyl strip it looked kinda like Delphi or Gold.

Now, if I just liked Chalon bodied cars sad.gif
silver74insocal
nice pull Herr Slits...hopefully i cn see it in person at the next swap meet...as you will most likely still have the "shalomed" body by then biggrin.gif Dave
sixnotfour
Hell for what you paid , Part it out , sawzall the shalom body like you do to all the 914's in CA. Or sell it on ebay, AA style as "rare" Shalom.

Are the Fuchs real Fuchs?
SLITS
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 9 2011, 08:07 PM) *

Hell for what you paid , Part it out , sawzall the shalom body like you do to all the 914's in CA. Or sell it on ebay, AA style as "rare" Shalom.

Are the Fuchs real Fuchs?

Fuchs are real .... 911 part numbers.

I would really hate to cut the car up as it could be a nice /6 for someone that likes the Shalom/Chalon body, but it's not totally my decision. Glenn Sager owns 60% (until I rip him off lol-2.gif.
bernbomb914
glad I could be some help spending your money
SLITS
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Jan 10 2011, 08:10 AM) *

glad I could be some help spending your money

Thanks Bernie ... just what I needed ... another vehicle to toy with. I thought I finally acquired some sense.

Which reminds me .... you said you wanted a /6 conversion .... well, I just happen to have one almost ready to go.
r_towle
sell me the motor, keep the MFI.

Rich
SLITS
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 10 2011, 07:24 PM) *

sell me the motor, keep the MFI.

Rich

I am in possession of a 2.4T CIS motor that was reported to have 6% leakdown. It's owned by Bernie Thomas (Bernbomb). Believe the price is about $1700.

To me, even though it is a Chalon, it has some nice potential as a whole. I would change the motor mount to an RJ and that's about it. Engine runs as smooth as Glenn Sager's fresh total rebuild of a 2.2E (so far).

Oh well ..........
HeloMech
Don't part it out yet... I think I have space under my green tarp...

hissyfit.gif NEVERminnnnnd.... GF has visions of dual pane windows when I return. Something about it being colder INSIDE than OUTSIDE.... WHATEVER!!!!! headbang.gif
Lou W
Great Find Ron :-)
SLITS
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jan 12 2011, 09:43 PM) *

Don't part it out yet... I think I have space under my green tarp...

hissyfit.gif NEVERminnnnnd.... GF has visions of dual pane windows when I return. Something about it being colder INSIDE than OUTSIDE.... WHATEVER!!!!! headbang.gif

It's been a cold winter here ... dual pane might help .... heated mattress pad with heated blanket works really well .. and cheaper than dual pane. My house has dual pane and it's still COLD.

Regardless, vehicle still has some nice potential. Reminds me of Howie's Moby Dick without the whale tale.
moparrob
Fuchs wheels and tires $1000

Engine long block $2000

MFI system $1500

Oil Tank $1000

I say part out the above, stick in a basic type IV, and sell it as a runner for $4000. Nice tidy $6000 profit...
RFoulds
Or, find an original 6 tub, (like Sir Andy had for sale) move all the 6 goodies over to the tub, sell the newly rebuilt 6 for $30k. Sell the rest of the Chalon for parts.

I saw that car for sale months ago. I don't know what stopped me from picking it up.
SLITS
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jan 14 2011, 11:41 AM) *

Or, find an original 6 tub, (like Sir Andy had for sale) move all the 6 goodies over to the tub, sell the newly rebuilt 6 for $30k. Sell the rest of the Chalon for parts.

I saw that car for sale months ago. I don't know what stopped me from picking it up.

I honestly wish you had av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 9 2011, 07:55 PM) *

And therefore shall be named from this day forward:

The Schlitslom ™

laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 14 2011, 04:04 PM) *

The Schlitslom ™

laugh.gif

Ultimately Kool first.gif .... thanks Andy
Lou W
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 14 2011, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 14 2011, 04:04 PM) *

The Schlitslom ™

laugh.gif

Ultimately Kool first.gif .... thanks Andy

Thats Funny laugh.gif
76-914
I hope I'm standing behind anyone attempting to say that word. Say it in your best Sylvester the Cat voice.
moparrob
Hey Slits, this might be a good alternative to junking that Shalom body you picked up - might make the car more respectable...

cool bodywork
silver74insocal
another one for the King of shalom's!
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2166284832.html

save her slits...save her biggrin.gif
moparrob
Man, when I think back to 1980-- I can't believe how bad I wanted to convert my 914 to a Shalom. Shows how little I knew at the time...
HeloMech
Whatever became of the Slits-alom..?
SLITS
Well Robert, It is stitting in the garage waiting for you.

Windshield installed. New carpet kit installed. MFI filter console & cold start system acquired to be installed.

Engine was smoking due to being overfilled by about 3 quarts .. No more smoke. Runs like a champ.

Car is being reassembled as PO had no clue.

It's a driver ... had it out for a couple of runs. General assembly and cleanup in progress.

Send money ......

HeloMech
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 9 2011, 06:52 AM) *

Well Robert, It is stitting in the garage waiting for you.

Send money ......

Well, stranger things have happened. I'll be home in September. piratenanner.gif
SLITS
Just don't bring any of the Iraqi mud or women back with you ........ money is OK.
HeloMech
driving.gif

Update: See ya some time this coming week Ron. Maybe Monday if you're going to be around.

edit: apparently THAT didn't work out... I've already been back in Iraq for nearly 2 months... where does the time go??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.