Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marker lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrgjones
Howdy y'all,

Left rear blinker is not cooperating. All others are just peachy. Switched relays (left and right) with same result. Any help would be lovely.
detoxcowboy
?what year car? front blinker or rear? what does not cooperating mean exactly? not trying to be a dick, just need more info to assist.. there is only one turn signal relay in the fuse box panel, you may have been switching the headlight motor relays in the front trunk? check your bulbs first, try the hazards does it flash then?
mrgjones
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jan 8 2011, 08:57 PM) *

?what year car? front blinker or rear? what does not cooperating mean exactly? not trying to be a dick, just need more info to assist.. there is only one turn signal relay in the fuse box panel, you may have been switching the headlight motor relays in the front trunk? check your bulbs first, try the hazards does it flash then?

74 rear, drivers side blinker. Not cooperating means there is no response from that that light when I flip the switch on the column. The relays I'm talking about are the two, round relays inboard on the back side of the fuse panel inside the cabin. Actually got the light to come on by cleaning up some corrosion but now it stays on any time the key is on.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(mrgjones @ Jan 10 2011, 07:25 PM) *

74 rear, drivers side blinker. Not cooperating means there is no response from that that light when I flip the switch on the column. The relays I'm talking about are the two, round relays inboard on the back side of the fuse panel inside the cabin. Actually got the light to come on by cleaning up some corrosion but now it stays on any time the key is on.

the turn signals and side markers will stay on solid even with ignition off and key out if the turn signal level has been actuated, make sure it is off. This is by desighn believe it or not.. Joe
mrgjones
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jan 10 2011, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(mrgjones @ Jan 10 2011, 07:25 PM) *

the turn signals and side markers will stay on solid even with ignition off and key out if the turn signal level has been actuated, make sure it is off. This is by desighn believe it or not.. Joe

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, that light is staying on with the lever in the neutral position. I guess its time to start tracing wires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.