Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is my last post about AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Untill next time biggrin.gif ...which is tomorrow, Sunday also, God willing....YEEHAW!!

The onliest change I made was to stiffen up the front bar.....a bunch...I hope the sucker pushes like a bitch. Of course, rain could be a problem.
Brad Roberts
Kick that ASS JP.

Let us know how it goes.

B
TimT
LOL copycat

finger.gif

most of all have fun

beerchug.gif
Jeroen
Hey JP,

You had me scared with that title for a minute there biggrin.gif

Have fun and report back on the handling with the new front bar settings!

cheers,

Jeroen
J P Stein
He,he.....Tim, I figured my AX posts and your spring poss were about even ...drivelwise....I wouldn't want you to get too far ahead. happy11.gif
boxstr
RAIN,RAIN,AND MORE RAIN. JP, time to build an ark.
CCLinDAMPLOO
J P Stein
Wel, the car pushs a bit, but power oversteer is available. biggrin.gif

The conditions were less than ideal...for testing.
Totally wet on the first run with constant drying....just a couple lakes & rivers by the 4th. I think we got
1st & 2nd in class. The fast Z car showed up on street tires and ate it as the course dried.

My boy Chuck got the second fastest time, I think... I wuz even futher back this time. Doug Skinner was fastest by a
1.5 sec......artistry on a partially wet track. I couldn't believe the way he dirtracked a 9eleben thru the sweeper...great stuff to watch.

I hated the course....tight. twisty, no flow, and some dirtbag oiled it down....I think I'll do it again tomorrow wacko.gif
J P Stein
Knocked off the front page in a day...damn, this place is gettin' busy.....Anyhow, I ain't done yet.

Went to play in the rain again....same deal, it stopped raining a few minutes before the first car went out.

Anyhew, top time of the morning session was low 60s, I was at 61.3 and my friend Chuck was at ......ta da. 62ish. 1st & 2nd in FP again. The fast Z had on his slicks, but we gots him anyhow. On a totally dry track, it could be different

The car is pushing at low speed....time for some new gumballs. 225 X 45 front and rear. Gonna go with the Hoosier road race compound.
joea9146
JP:

Where are the pictures ??? driving.gif
Bruce Allert
Congrats JP beerchug.gif you beat Chuck clap56.gif If I'd had known this was going on I'd have been out there with the video.
bruce driving.gif
J P Stein
No pics, Joe. Bruce wasn't there to shoot any.

Anybody with a lick of sense would have looked out the window, rolled over, and went back to sleep. wacko.gif . It was fun, tho. Interesting to try and figure where one could get traction and where not.

The car is an absolute mess. I'm all done with slosh-o-cross. I spent 10 minutes sweet talking ulf after we got back into the shop. wub.gif
ChrisReale
I should have stayed in bed saturday. Instead, I figgured I would go play in the wet with all the other morons who showed up to Bremerton. Rain free, until my turn, started raining, I did shitty, spun out twice on my last go.... wacko.gif

Fun runs provided better conditions. I beat my best time by 8 seconds. Too bad it didnt count sad.gif
J P Stein
Go ahead, ak what I like best about the below biggrin.gif

1m FP 4 Paul Stein 74 Porsche 914 73.188 64.485 63.503 > 61.633 T: 61.633
2m FP 14 Chuck West 74 Porsche 914 66.174 63.801 > 62.641 70.052 T: 62.641
3m FP 1 John McCuskey Datsun 240Z 81.754+DNF 67.382+5 64.627 > 63.716 T: 63.716
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brad Roberts
I like it. I like it a alot.

I wish I had some money to throw your way for some sponsorship. One day.

B
J P Stein
Hay, just gimme some stickies to mount on the rocker pannels.....SSI or the 914club or both.....I can fake the former and the latter is mucho help already.

I liked the no penalties part.....considering the conditions which were abysmal...big wurd for the day rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.