Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone in the Twin Cities area want to see my sons band play?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
My youngest son Kyle put together a road band. He is on tour with them now and has made it to LA and is on his way home. They play at 7:00 pm January 15. If you go please buy the swag! they need the money! biggrin.gif

St. Olaf College in Northfield MN. This is his last scheduled show before they arrive home.

I'm sure you will get to see him play banjo as a warm up for the show.
Black22
I gotta work late tonight or I would go...I've spent many a night at the Blue Cafe...beer, bands and pool!! beer3.gif drunk.gif aktion035.gif

What's the name Of the band?
rick 918-S
The band is called Yester. I'm trying to imbed one of the songs.

<div><embed style='display:inline;' quality='high' wmode='transparent' id='FlashDiv' FlashVars='songId=76558740&pid=-5159259299425995733' AllowScriptAccess='always' src='http://www.myspace.com/music/song-embed?songid=76558740&getSwf=true' width='400' height='77'/><p>Find more artists like <a target='_blank' href='/yestermn/music/albums?ap=1&songid=76558740'>YESTER</a> at <a target='_blank' href='http://www.myspace.com/music'> Myspace Music </a></p></div>

Here's a link to their my space site incase that didn't work.

http://www.myspace.com/yestermn/music/song...orning-76558740

He's the vocals you hear and accustic guitar.
rick 918-S
Kyle is 21. He is a good kid, doesn't drink or have other bad habits. I watched him transition from screamo and death metal when he was in 8th grade to jazz in his first year of college to recently playing classical guitar and now to this accustic harmony sound. The six song CD sounds better than a live performance as what they do is hard to control live with very limited equipment and no sound mixing.

In case anyone goes here he is:

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Congrats to him Rick! Blue is a nice/popular place.

.... & you - good job Dad!

My son turns 22 in a couple of weeks & is across the country too, but he's not having as much fun as yours, cuz he's in Army Basic in GA! biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 9 2011, 01:32 PM) *

Congrats to him Rick! Blue is a nice/popular place.

.... & you - good job Dad!

My son turns 22 in a couple of weeks & is across the country too, but he's not having as much fun as yours, cuz he's in Army Basic in GA! biggrin.gif

Thanks Tom,
When he returns he has a full load at UMD. He is going to try to do 19 credits to finsh his BA in music and minor in philosophy.

Next stop is Bend OR. January 10th at:
Mad Venues
51 NW Greenwood Avenue
Bend, OR 97701 UNITED STATES
swood
THe LBC welcomes you Rick!! Pop into The Congregation Ale house around the corner if you have a hankering for a really good beer and a hot pretzel or good Rib Eye Burger.
Have fun and good luck to the band.

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 9 2011, 11:26 AM) *

Kyle is 21. He is a good kid, doesn't drink or have other bad habits. I watched him transition from screamo and death metal when he was in 8th grade to jazz in his first year of college to recently playing classical guitar and now to this accustic harmony sound. The six song CD sounds better than a live performance as what they do is hard to control live with very limited equipment and no sound mixing.

Click to view attachment

A Raspberry kayak! Did you paint it?

Is this the same son who got marooned in Billings a couple of years ago?
black73
Must be a garage band or this wouldn't be in the garage. piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 9 2011, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 9 2011, 11:26 AM) *

Click to view attachment

A Raspberry kayak! Did you paint it?

Is this the same son who got marooned in Billings a couple of years ago?

Yep! Same van too! huh.gif
rick 918-S

Next stop is Bend OR. January 10th at 7:00 pm:

Mad Venues
51 NW Greenwood Avenue
Bend, OR

Check out the link above for a sample of his stuff.
rick 918-S
So far so good. He forgot his cell phone charger. The only way we know he's ok and still moving is we check the tour schedule and see the events disappear daily. If anyone goes to the show tell him to call him mom once in a while... sheeze!

St. Olaf College in Northfield MN. This is his last scheduled show before they arrive home.

I'm sure you will get to see him play banjo as a warm up for the show.

Oh, and buy the swag, their driving an E350 Ford Van. I'm sure they need gas money.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.