Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This iPad thing is pretty handy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Copied the electrical and relay board diagrams off line and saved them in my pictures. Now I can go straight to to garage and have my info. You can even zoom in on details. Now to get a service manual on PDF or something.
swl
drop box is pretty good for getting PDFs and such on.

Now if only apple had put a camera on that puppy we could all watch you work smile.gif Maybe when gen 2 comes out.
Tom_T
AA sells it plus a bunch of great "extras" on CD - $39 IIRC

I got one & it's got a bucnh of great info - incl. the elec. diagrams.
underthetire
QUOTE(swl @ Jan 9 2011, 06:31 PM) *

drop box is pretty good for getting PDFs and such on.

Now if only apple had put a camera on that puppy we could all watch you work smile.gif Maybe when gen 2 comes out.

That would be as boring as watching big brother my friend.
swl
lol - flashback to 1984.

It would be cool however to have a camera on that small portable format so you could video chat as you work through a problem.
underthetire
QUOTE(swl @ Jan 9 2011, 06:43 PM) *

lol - flashback to 1984.

It would be cool however to have a camera on that small portable format so you could video chat as you work through a problem.

There is a camera adapter for it, that could be handy I guess. Problem is I wouldn't want my plumbers crack advertised all over the net blink.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 9 2011, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(swl @ Jan 9 2011, 06:43 PM) *

lol - flashback to 1984.

There is a camera adapter for it, that could be handy I guess. Problem is I wouldn't want my plumbers crack advertised all over the net blink.gif

Love my ipad use it all the time btw ipad with camera coming soon piratenanner.gif
Eric_Shea
"World" seems to do a page hang on my iPAD. Every other page or so seems to get stuck and I have to refresh. Using a 32 3G. Anyone else having this problem?
DanT
not on Ipad, but World hangs on my Ipod Touch... sad.gif
oldschool
All good with me.
Gint
On my macbook I found safari slower to load the world site than firefox. I finally quit using safari all together. I don't think you have that option though on the 'pad. I'll have to borrow Shar's ipad and try it out with world.
EdwardBlume
Show off... lol-2.gif
tradisrad
I've got an i-touch and it is a lot of fun, but the coolest app I've got is Dynolicious. It can calculate HP, 0-60 times, measures g-forces in a 360 radius, etc.
I had a spare computer around the house so I put it in the garage and it sure has come in handy to do a quick web check when I am working (or when the wife is on the computer).
ConeDodger
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 9 2011, 05:59 PM) *

Copied the electrical and relay board diagrams off line and saved them in my pictures. Now I can go straight to to garage and have my info. You can even zoom in on details. Now to get a service manual on PDF or something.

Jeff,
I have a disc with the service manual and parts detail on two discs. Next time you're coming up for the Reunion remind me and I will bring a copy...
underthetire
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 10 2011, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 9 2011, 05:59 PM) *

Jeff,
I have a disc with the service manual and parts detail on two discs. Next time you're coming up for the Reunion remind me and I will bring a copy...

Cool ! and My Ipad has never hung up, but then it's new. No 3G on mine, just WIFI. There is actually a free Porsche app that has G-force and speed, but the speed portion doesn't work on the Ipad, think it for the Iphone. I have "issues" with paying for 3G service when I already pay for the DSL. If i was still in field service, that would be different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.